All HS-WDx00 devices "Waiting for HomeSeer.."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All HS-WDx00 devices "Waiting for HomeSeer.."

All of our HomeSeer dimmers seem to be stuck unable to react via Alexa to specific percentage values. Simple on/off commands still work. If you view the device in the Alexa app it shows "Waiting for HomeSeer..."

No other HS devices seem to be impacted similarly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same problem with with two of my lights. I can set them into a group and turn them off and on from the group but individually I just get the Waiting for HomeSeer.

Comment

Mine have always said "Waiting for HomeSeer" since they were installed and discovered about two months ago. They still respond to on/off/dim controls by voice though so I haven't really been worried about it. It did seem a little weird though. None of the GE motion switches I've put in recently do that.

Comment

Same issue.. just posted in another thread.. didn’t see this was recent..

Comment

Same. I have the problem just with dimmers and it’s not just the zwave. Occurs with all brand types and my WiFi dimmer. Don’t have the “waiting for HomeSeer” issue with other devices. E.g. normal on/off relay works just fine.
          Ive raised a ticket but no luck so far.

Comment

Does the voice control work on these devices? If you are having this issue with the Alexa app you will want to contact Amazon as this is not an app HST has control over.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Does the voice control work on these devices? If you are having this issue with the Alexa app you will want to contact Amazon as this is not an app HST has control over.
              Voice control works; it is only when going into the device in the Alexa app that it says waiting for HomeSeer.

Comment

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
                Voice control works; it is only when going into the device in the Alexa app that it says waiting for HomeSeer.
                Only Amazon can debug their app to figure out why these switches aren't working with their app.

Comment

Only Amazon can debug their app to figure out why these switches aren't working with their app.
                  Sharing the experience here to understand if anyone else is affected is of great value, and there's always the chance someone from HS chimes in to say it is a known issue.

Comment

Sharing the experience here to understand if anyone else is affected is of great value, and there's always the chance someone from HS chimes in to say it is a known issue.
                    Yes this issue has been reproduced by HST. I'll have to check to see if a bug has been created but again this isn't something we can fix until we know what the issue is.

Comment

Yes this issue has been reproduced by HST. I'll have to check to see if a bug has been created.
                      I've also opened a case with Amazon, which I doubt I'll get any more suggestion than unlink/enable the skill, to see if they can provide what they see or don't see on their end.

Comment

I've also opened a case with Amazon, which I doubt I'll get anything more suggestions than unlink/enable the skill, to see if they can provide what they see or don't see on their end.k
                        Let us know if you hear back from them as we haven't as far as I know to date.

Comment

Wow... I was wondering why this started happening. Thought it was because I just added two new dimmers to the network and alexa just got confused. But you're right. It's all dimmers (GE, HS, Evolve, even plug-in dimmers) -- they're all not responding to the alexa app -- showing "waiting for homeseer..." or showing up as unresponsive. Voice control for me isn't working -- usually telling me "device is not responding". Not good! All switches seem ok regardless of brand. :: I also created a ticket with Amazon

Comment

Just an update, I didn't get far with Amazon on this back around the holidays. Their first suggestion over an email exchange was to exclude and re-join the Z-Wave device from the network, which I pushed back on since the device is working perfectly normal within HomeSeer. They then suggested disable/enable the HomeSeer skill, which I also pushed back on given *every* dimmer started this behavior at the same time yet all other HomeSeer devices are acting normally. They then suggested opening a new case via app-chat so they can see it happening in real time. I honestly haven't had the time to babysit a chat session in real time so I haven't been able to get any progress.

Comment

I opened a ticket with HS about 6-8 months ago with my iBlinds deployment and after a bunch of back forth they acknowledged a problem with 'dimmable' devices and the Alexa integration. No ETA for a resolution...
                              HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
                              Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
                              Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
                              Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
                              Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
                              Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
                              Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Working...
                              X