Skill or HA bridge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skill or HA bridge.

I am switching from Google Home to Alexa. I have set up my voice as well as my wife’s. She is part of my household. On my profile I connected to HomeSeer. Devices show up and I can control them via voice. When my wife tries to control them it tells her that device is on someone else’s profile And ask if it should control it for her. She says yes and it works. But not all devices ask her that question. Some devices just work just work.

I remember back in the day HA Bridge was the way to go for this type of integration. Is this still a viable option? Can I set this up in both profiles?

Lastly I noticed that there’s two different skills what is the difference between them?

thanks
    mike

For your last point, look here: https://homeseer.com/amazon-alexa-integration/

If you want to use Option 2, this may be helpful.
    Jon

Comment

Did you ever get this to work? I am trying to get this to work as well.

Comment

+ 1 for ha bridge (or any other hue emulator). No down time at all du to myhs

Comment

It just might be time to consider the HA Bridge since myhs and skill seem to faulter too often.
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I want to go back to this. But I need to figure out how get them to work on both profiles. It works just fine on one one profile

Comment

Working...
            X