Alexa Asking for Confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa Asking for Confirmation

In the last couple of days, Alexa has started randomly asking for confirmation. For example, when I say 'Alexa, turn on the office light', sometimes Alexa will ask 'you want me to turn on the office light, is that right?'. It doesn't happen every time but quite often. I haven't changed anything in HomeSeer or Alexa settings for a long time. Is anyone else having this problem?

Yes. I've been experiencing this as well. I find this extremely annoying and inconsistent.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by fschwing View Post
      In the last couple of days, Alexa has started randomly asking for confirmation. For example, when I say 'Alexa, turn on the office light', sometimes Alexa will ask 'you want me to turn on the office light, is that right?'. It doesn't happen every time but quite often. I haven't changed anything in HomeSeer or Alexa settings for a long time. Is anyone else having this problem?
      I had the same issue, so I removed the HomeSeer Home Automation Skill and left only the HomeSeer SmartHome Skill (accessed through the Amazon Alexa app). That seemed to fix it for me.

Comment

I suspect Amazon is being "helpful" again...
        My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

I don't want to have to remove the Homeseer automation skill. I make full use of both skills. Sure hope this is temporary....
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Agreed. I rely on both equally.

Comment

Just a question for you... with the devices requesting confirmation, are your devices part of a group within Alexa's configuration. For example I have a group called TV which includes both the set top box and the TV. When I tell Alexa to turn on the TV it will ask for confirmation. This is new as of last week. I also use Jon's helper which uses the HomeSeer automation skill to turn on both devices and ask me for the channel I want it set to. Many times on my way into the family room, I'll ask Alexa to turn on the TV so I don't have to sit there while the splash screen appears.

Robert

Comment

I'm also having this problem. It's very annoying.

Comment

I've registered a case with support...

Comment

I never heard back from support but noticed Alexa seems to be behaving and not asking for confirmation. Is this the case for others?

Comment

This was an Alexa issue not a HomeSeer issue. Reddit was full of complains from people using a myriad of home automation systems and Smart Home skills. Mine fixed itself a few days ago.

Comment

Alexa - Heal thyself. And so it was done. No longer asking for confirmation as of a few days ago.

Comment

This appeared to be a glitch according to Amazon and has been "fixed" for now
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

She's doing it again...asking for confirmation. Anyone else getting this?

Comment

Sometimes . But not that frequent

Comment

Working...
                              X