No announcement yet.

Alexa Asking for Confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The confirmation issue only started a couple of days ago (2020-06-01) on our Amazon Echo devices. I suspect Amazon has been making changes that are rolled out in phases since there are probably millions of Echo devices. This is definitely more than a little annoying.

I've read the suggestions here and there on the Internet like turning Brief Mode Off & On but that doesn't seem to make any difference though some folks say that may take a day or more for the change of settings to ripple back to your devices. Sure seems like this is an Amazon problem but I haven't seen them own up to it yet.

If it was not for my ZRC-90US keypads, I'd even be more annoyed. At least with the keypads, Alexa isn't involved.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
      I don't want to have to remove the Homeseer automation skill. I make full use of both skills. Sure hope this is temporary....
      What do you use the HS Automation skill for? Do you need it to run events? With the Smart Home skill I can only seem to trigger events by creating virtual devices.

Comment

I've been experiencing the same issue the past few days. I recently installed the HS Automation skill. It didn't occur to me that it may have caused it.

Comment

Yes, I use the HS Automation skill to run scripts. I have about 20 or so. This is made easy with Jon's helper script. The confirmation thing doesn't do much for the WAF.
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

The confirmation thing doesn't do much for the WAF.
            THIS. It doesn't take much to throw the whole automation thing off the path of success like irritating the wife with unexpected changes like this.

But at least they rectified the mystery of not being able to control any HS3 devices.

Comment

Yes I've been experiencing this confirmation request over the past week or so. It happens most of the time. I have both skills installed as well and I'm ready for this to be over.

Comment

Figured out a fix. Say, "just" before the command. "Alexa, just turn on fan".

Comment

Yes, I use the HS Automation skill to run scripts. I have about 20 or so. This is made easy with Jon's helper script. The confirmation thing doesn't do much for the WAF.
                  Do you have to tell Alexa to "Ask Homeseer to ......" to trigger an event? If not, how do you trigger a HS event by Alexa?

Also, what are some of your scripts that you use? I moved into a new home and have a clean install of HS that I'm working on setting up. Besides a "good night", "good morning" and "good bye". I need ideas

Comment

I had been experiencing this as well for the past few days. But it appears to have been fixed overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by mgonzales100 View Post

Do you have to tell Alexa to "Ask Homeseer to ......" to trigger an event? If not, how do you trigger a HS event by Alexa?

Also, what are some of your scripts that you use? I moved into a new home and have a clean install of HS that I'm working on setting up. Besides a "good night", "good morning" and "good bye". I need ideas
                      Yes. I need to "Tell/ask Homeseer to..." With Jon's Alexa helper, I can run events or call scripts or have it report device's values in a sentences using the replacement variables. See http://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/st...ment_variables.

I just tested Alexa and it looks like she's behaving now..
                      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Slightly off topic, but I generally utilize IFTTT as an intermediater between HS and Alexa. Alexa triggers an IFTTT routine, which then triggers a Homeseer event. The advantage of doing it this way is that Alexa routines can initiate IFTTT triggers. So I can pretty much create any phrase to trigger Homeseer. For example, "Alexa going on a quest" will initiate my vacation routines in Homeseer. (And I have not seen that acknowledgement request yet, knock on wood.)

Comment

Yes. I need to "Tell/ask Homeseer to..." With Jon's Alexa helper, I can run events or call scripts or have it report device's values in a sentences using the replacement variables. See http://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/st...ment_variables.

I just tested Alexa and it looks like she's behaving now..
                          ahh. Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                          X