Aggravated and frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aggravated and frustrated

i’ve been trying for about a month to add five new switches/lights. I’ve tried disable/enable on Alexa. I’ve tried removing voice and then enable voice in HS.

iI finally went for broke and deleted all the devices in Alexa and tried starting over. Still not luck. Big Mistake. Now I have NO devices. Except a a couple WEMO devices. All z-Waze stuff can’t be found. Lost all my switches, lights, door locks, etc.

WAF IS NOW AT ROCK BOTTOM. I’m totally out of ideas and have hit the insanity mode of trying the same things over and over,

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by gelessor View Post
    i’ve been trying for about a month to add five new switches/lights. I’ve tried disable/enable on Alexa. I’ve tried removing voice and then enable voice in HS.

iI finally went for broke and deleted all the devices in Alexa and tried starting over. Still not luck. Big Mistake. Now I have NO devices. Except a a couple WEMO devices. All z-Waze stuff can’t be found. Lost all my switches, lights, door locks, etc.

WAF IS NOW AT ROCK BOTTOM. I’m totally out of ideas and have hit the insanity mode of trying the same things over and over,

Any suggestions?

Make sure to check each of the names you’ve set in the voice command for any special characters, you should have only letters without any apostrophe, commas etc. Then just try adding one device at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

You may want to disable/re-enable voice of the devices. Toggle it. Disable them. Re-enable them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hs voice.png
Views:	183
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1384181

Comment

Appreciate the suggestions. I have tried both with no luck. This is really frustrating as I know it should work

Comment

Appreciate the suggestions. I have tried both with no luck. This is really frustrating as I know it should work

Have you deleted both skills and added them back again? I’m wondering if you might have to v2 skill instead of v3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
          Plugin's:
          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Put in a help desk ticket and they can ensure your myHS account is setup correctly.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Same here.
              weeks I was busy with support trying to get alexa working.... no luck, nothing discovered.

At the end I installed HA-bridge, this is workjng now flawlessly with Alexa for over 2 months.

You might wanna take a look at this , when you cannot get the native Alexa to work.

Cor

Comment

+1 was using ha bridge too. But switche to another hue emulator on node red

Comment

Would be nice if a plugin author would make a hue emulator plugin!!

Comment

Try setting the user on the devices you want to show in Alexa to Any. I had problems getting devices discovered and this fixed it for me.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

I want to thank everyone for their suggestions and recommendations. I have tried all multiple times and still not seeing any devices.

I'm starting to think it must have something to do with MyHS account and user settings... I've going to play with them some tonight and keep trying.

Damn, this is really frustrating as I had it working before on about 60 devices - I just made that dreaded mistake of trying to add a few more.

Comment

I want to thank everyone for their suggestions and recommendations. I have tried all multiple times and still not seeing any devices.

I'm starting to think it must have something to do with MyHS account and user settings... I've going to play with them some tonight and keep trying.

Damn, this is really frustrating as I had it working before on about 60 devices - I just made that dreaded mistake of trying to add a few more.

Ask HS to delete your myhs account.

then re-create.

Comment

Have you removed and then re-added the skill in the Alexa app. There was a change not long ago to one of them that if you were running an old versions it was removed.
                          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

Making progress... I am now up to 76 items that are working. I had to basically enter them in small groups.

I now have a very interesting problem and it may be the cause/related to my Alexa problems in general. After adding devices and running "discovering devices" Alexa will report that 76 devices are found. Then, when I try to add another, it will search and come back with 64 devices found. Why would trying to add a device cause it to find fewer devices that it had found previously? Very strange.

Sometimes when I remove the voice command for the new device, it will go back to the previous high total of 76. If I then try to add another device it will sometimes work, and sometimes not. There does not seem to be anything that looks arrange about the devices I am trying to add. A couple are x-10 and a couple are z-wave.

I take 1 step forward and then go back 2 or 3 or 10...

Comment

Working...
                            X