Event Voice Control broken for Alexa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Voice Control broken for Alexa?

I’m new to HomeSeer so I may very well be doing something wrong but I’ve tried creating scenes, giving it a voice command, and flagging for voice control but Echo searching for devices and scenes does not find them. I did some forum research and tried creating a local account the same as MYHS as well as removing and enabling the skill, loading the other HS skill, and rebooting my Zee. I decided to at least get them working with a virtual device switch but that did not sync either until I unchecked every event with voice control flagged, after that the devices started syncing again.

Any thoughts?

You raise a few interesting grey-area topics. What user context does Alexa control run under? I think it's technically a JSON connection to HS3, but without any user context. I believe you can see the Alexa integration details if you enable JSON debugging in HS3 Debuglevel. I do know you can break Alexa integration by changing user access to specific devices, like the root device of a thermostat. Alexa will silently fail in that circumstance.

Comment

Working...
    X