Both skills worked - no know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both skills worked - no know

I disabled both HS skills this morning trying to get them to work right. Despite the Alexa app not listing any HomeSeer skills the advanced skill HomeSeer Home Automation Skill (Tell HomeSeer...) remains active and operates as I would expect. If I try to add it, it takes me to the page telling me it is already active. So despite it not displaying the skill as enabled it would seem to still be linked. In this state, it will execute the advanced HS directive and works with Jon's helper app.

When I try to command HomeSeer SmartHome Skill (the less capable skill - I use both skills heavily and regularly and have it execute a Group Alexa informs me the skill needed is not enabled. This message whether the skill s linked or not On the other hand directly affecting a device does work i.e. Alexa set bed to 10% and that works fine and as one would expect if I unlink the SmartHome Skill that will no longer work as one would expect and proves the linking/unlinking for the skill works. So it looks to this idiot that the advanced skill is permanently linked regardless of what is displayed in the Alexa app and the entry-level skill that can be linked/unlinked is only capable of direct device engagement and when issued a group commands doesn't see the skill as enabled.
    -Rick

Called Echo support and their agent informed me there was a 3rd orphan HomeSeer skill listed linked to my account. I can neither see that skill nor disable that skill. I would presume this is part of my problem and suggests corruption in your database that ONLY YOU CAN FIX! From my perspective, the first step in resolving the multiple issues is to remove the orphan non-listed skill from my account. That should be so trivial as not worthy of typing out this message, but here we are... I'm being told by the supervisor that this matter will be referred to a super-duper secret group to investigate and that may take a long time. Meanwhile, I do have an idea, and I am going to change the user login for the destination used by the skill to try and break it intentionally as that might help mu situation. So maybe I can fix this by old fashioned brute force method.
    -Rick

Comment

So no joy with the new password idea. And another problem pointing to corruption has appeared. The Alexa app's smart home grouping function won't let me create a group called Study. The App insists I already have one so named. Sadly I while I did, I deleted it early on in this cluster boondoggle and so more evidence (at least to me) that shouts database corruption. And that is something I don't think I can fix from the stupid end of the internet pipe.
      -Rick

Comment

If you are referring to HST as in " ONLY YOU CAN FIX" then you need to put in a help desk ticket as HST technicians do not visit the message board on a regular basis.
        Here's the link to the new help desk.

https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk...rtal/2/group/4
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp, thanks. What I mean is Amazon as my skills display DOES NOT display a rouge hs skill their agent's claim is seen in their view of my account. The other issue of enabling the hs skill and it not appearing in my Alexa app's enabled skill list I do believe is their problem as well. Sorry for any misunderstanding.
          -Rick

Comment

Working...
          X