Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa ignoring requests targeted for HS3 Devices...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa ignoring requests targeted for HS3 Devices...

I have experienced issues in the past whereby Alexa advises "device not responding" that are sometimes caused by issues with the MyHS service and other times can be resolved by Disabling/Enabling the Homeseer Smarthome Skill. However, now I am experiencing another issue whereby Alexa seems to hear the request as the LED spins blue/green and then NOTHING! ....the HS3 device command is not executed and Alexa remains silent and does not report a "not responding" issue. I have tried rebooting HS3, the Echo Device, Skill Disable/Enable with no resolution to the problem. The issue does not seem to be with MyHS Service, any ideas?

MyHs is reported to be having problems by others on this forums, including me.
    tenholde

Comment

Yes...it looks like I can login to MyHS no problem, but when I attempt to control a device...nothing happens. So, I concur, its looking like a MyHS issue.

Comment

Any errors in your log indicating MyHs is unable to connect?
        tenholde

Comment

Same here - - Alexa reports all Homeseer devices as unavailable.

HS log:

Jul-17 18:05:05 Error Creating connection to MyHS service, there may be a problem with the server or the Internet connection. The connection will be attempted again shortly.

Comment

Ditto here. Is this the forum where we will hear updates on this?

Jim Speiser
            38-year veteran of Home Automation
            Still don't know squat

Comment

I have asked this before it would be awesome to have a status page so we know what homeseer servers are doing.

I am down on Alexa too for HS4

Maybe we need to ask Rich? I have suggested this to support before.

Comment

Originally posted by mworsnop View Post
                I have asked this before it would be awesome to have a status page so we know what homeseer servers are doing.

I am down on Alexa too for HS4

Maybe we need to ask Rich? I have suggested this to support before.
                I started a new thread under HS3/PRO Discussion, just in case.

Jim Speiser
                38-year veteran of Home Automation
                Still don't know squat

Comment

https://status.homeseer.com/

The status page exists - - just seldom updated

Comment

Status page needs to be automated. Having a static status does no good at all

Comment

Status page needs to be automated. Having a static status does no good at all
                      Exactly. Sure would improve the WAF! Would even be better if there was an event in HS that could be enabled to notify us, email, etc, when MyHS is down.

Comment

Alexa is working for me now.

Comment

My Alexa is still not working

There are two Alexa Skills I used to have both enabled. Which one should be working?

Comment

My Alexa is still not working

There are two Alexa Skills I used to have both enabled. Which one should be working?
                            I am using the one where you don't have to say "Alexa, Tell Homeseer to..."

Comment

Working...
                            X