No announcement yet.

Duplicate VR Device... One works, one doesn't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really feel the problem is with Homeseer. If I say "Alexa turn on the Garage Door", she does it. Same with off. The device, just like the Drapes, contains the Status/Value pairs "Open = On (value 100)" and "Close = Off (value 0)". The Garage VD is simply a copy of the Drapes Device with the name and command changed. Also, if I use the word "Drape", it's good, even though that would not make any sense. Seems to be a matter of finding a suitable word, that works.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post

Hmmmm.... maybe the source of the problem is where Alexa obtains the intelligence on "Open" or "Close".

I lean heavily on Jon00's PI, are both of y'all using the same PI?
      Dan-O
      As I recall, Jon's plugin works with the Home Automation Skill, which HS has refused to make available to Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post

Hmmmm.... maybe the source of the problem is where Alexa obtains the intelligence on "Open" or "Close".

I lean heavily on Jon00's PI, are both of y'all using the same PI?
        Dan-O
        I am not using that particular plugin.
        Dan-O
        HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O View Post

I am not using that particular plugin.
          SmartHome Skill then? I don't use any plugin with it. Did I miss one?

Comment

I use the Homeseer Smarthome Skill in alexa then I setup a routine in the alexa app that when I say "Alexa Open Garage" it triggers the garage door "ON" and opens. Then I have another routine set up the same way for closing the garage door, I say "Alexa Close Garage and it triggers the garage door "OFF' and closes. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by msmassengill View Post
              I use the Homeseer Smarthome Skill in alexa then I setup a routine in the alexa app that when I say "Alexa Open Garage" it triggers the garage door "ON" and opens. Then I have another routine set up the same way for closing the garage door, I say "Alexa Close Garage and it triggers the garage door "OFF' and closes. Hope this helps.
              Not sure I understand. I can use Groups and Devices in Alexa. I see nothing about routines.
              Can you post some screenshots?

Comment

Bottom right button in the Alexa app with all the lines labeled "More" is where you can find the pop up menu - routines are listed there. (Not sure if this available for Canadians)
                Dan-O
                HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Seems to be available only on the Android app. Figures. I use a desktop/webpage to do configuration, because my old eyes don't work so well anymore with tiny screens. If I have to add another layer of confusion, things won't turn out well in the long run. This does however sound similar to what I've been using Groups for in the Smartbome skill.
                  I'll give it a try but I consider it a serious workaround. Still, back to my original problem... one device works, a second does not; only the name is changed.

Comment

Working...
                  X