How do I control Fibaro RGBW via Alexa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I control Fibaro RGBW via Alexa

I have a few Fibaro RGBW modules, and never bothered trying to integrate them into Alexa. I have a few events which control them, and that works fine. But I think I could actually tell Alexa to set light x to colour y, how would I do that ? Do I have to enable the Fibaro RGBW root device for voice control, make it is light and dimmable ? What is the correct procedure and voice command ?

start at post #166 and read a few pages.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...n-3-api/page12

Comment

mikee123 why couldn't you create an event in HS triggered by a virtual device that has its value set to (your value goes here) The event's action sets the device and color you want and then run a routine fired by a voice command in the Alexa app to control that event?
      Create a virtual device and then control the device with Alexa and the routine.

Example:
      Create an HS Virtual Device called Ceiling Lights Blue
      Create an HS Event: When Ceiling Lights Blue gets its value set to ON then action --> Turn Ceiling lights on with another action to set color of ceiling lights to (Insert color code here my example would be blue)
      In Alexa, create a routine triggered by you saying, Alexa, turn the ceiling lights on to blue. (or whatever color and phrase you want) and the action will be that virtual device: Celling Lights Blue gets turned on which will fire the above event.
      I think you could also skip a step and just have voice control of the event, but I don't use Alexa to directly control events, so you would need input on that from another member, and if that's the case, you wouldn't need the virtual device and could directly control the event with the voice command of your choosing.

Did that make sense? It did in my head.
      Dan-O
      HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O View Post
        mikee123 why couldn't you create an event in HS triggered by a virtual device that has its value set to (your value goes here) The event's action sets the device and color you want and then run a routine fired by a voice command in the Alexa app to control that event?
        Create a virtual device and then control the device with Alexa and the routine.

Example:
        Create an HS Virtual Device called Ceiling Lights Blue
        Create an HS Event: When Ceiling Lights Blue gets its value set to ON then action --> Turn Ceiling lights on with another action to set color of ceiling lights to (Insert color code here my example would be blue)
        In Alexa, create a routine triggered by you saying, Alexa, turn the ceiling lights on to blue. (or whatever color and phrase you want) and the action will be that virtual device: Celling Lights Blue gets turned on which will fire the above event.
        I think you could also skip a step and just have voice control of the event, but I don't use Alexa to directly control events, so you would need input on that from another member, and if that's the case, you wouldn't need the virtual device and could directly control the event with the voice command of your choosing.

Did that make sense? It did in my head.
        At the moment I have 4 events, one sets the coulour to red, another to blue, one for green and one for white (plus one for off). I can say to alexa turn on stairs red which will then run the event. That works well. But I wanted to be more flexible. I have started reading through Tomgru's suggestion, and enabled a;; of the rgbw devices for voice control. I havent had a chance yet to see if that has worked, I hope I'll get a chance later to have a look and see what I can do (if anything) with it then

Comment

Working...
        X