Lost All HS3 Devices in Alexa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost All HS3 Devices in Alexa

A couple of days ago, all my HS3 devices became non-responsive to Alexa requests. They've been working pretty much flawlessly for as long as the skill has been around (other than the various service outages over the years). An HS3 restart didn't help (running HS3 548 on Linux). Relinking the skill seemed to fix the problem, but the devices all became non-responsive again after a few hours. Every device tested directly from HS3 works fine (mostly Insteon devices, some Z-Wave), so it's not the hardware interfaces.

I finally swallowed hard and deleted all devices (oddly, the option to do that is now gone from the Android Alexa app), relinked the skill, and did a 'discover devices'. Alexa found none of my HS3 devices, but found all non-HS3 devices (Sonos players, Nest thermostats, etc.)

I'm at a bit of a loss -- any suggestions?

-M.

I have the same problems at two locations; one with HS4 and one with HS3.
    Bob

Comment

Please put in a support ticket for these issues.
      πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHargrove View Post
        A couple of days ago, all my HS3 devices became non-responsive to Alexa requests. They've been working pretty much flawlessly for as long as the skill has been around (other than the various service outages over the years). An HS3 restart didn't help (running HS3 548 on Linux). Relinking the skill seemed to fix the problem, but the devices all became non-responsive again after a few hours. Every device tested directly from HS3 works fine (mostly Insteon devices, some Z-Wave), so it's not the hardware interfaces.

I finally swallowed hard and deleted all devices (oddly, the option to do that is now gone from the Android Alexa app), relinked the skill, and did a 'discover devices'. Alexa found none of my HS3 devices, but found all non-HS3 devices (Sonos players, Nest thermostats, etc.)

I'm at a bit of a loss -- any suggestions?

-M.
        By the way, I believe this capability is on the web app. Scroll down to the bottom of the Device list, and yes, there it is, "Remove All." Comes in handy for me - over 100 devices!

Jim Speiser
        38-year veteran of Home Automation
        Still don't know squat

Comment

Yes, 'remove all' appears to be only available on the web app now. It used to be available from the Android Alexa app too. If it's still there somewhere, I'm unable to find it.

Comment

This same thing just happened to me. It worked fine this morning, and nothing this afternoon. Removed all devices, disabled skill, re-enabled the skill and had it discover all devices. It found none. Did you open a support ticket, and did you find a solution?

Comment

I did file a ticket and never got a reply. My Alexa skill interface goes up and down every couple of hours.

Comment

I did file a ticket and never got a reply. My Alexa skill interface goes up and down every couple of hours.
                😡Sonofagun, looks like I'm in the same boat. I have 170 unresponsive devices. But they work from the Alexa app - in other words, the touchscreen interface - but not by voice command to Alexa. 😱

Jim Speiser
                Still don't know squat

Comment

And now, the ultimate irony, and a critical failure.

I disabled my Alexa connection to HomeSeer, and then re-enabled it. It presented me with the MyHS login screen. But it did not accept my login credentials. This has never happened before with MyHS. (The irony being that it does happen with just about everything else I log into, and I just posted about that yesterday!)

Houston, we have a problem.

Jim Speiser
                  Still don't know squat

Comment

Cancel Red Alert, secure from General Quarters. For some reason, it worked the third time I tried. (And no, I didn't mistype anything, the input comes from my password locker).

But another strangeness. I disabled and re-enabled the "other" Homeseer skill, and when I hit "Launch", it gave me a list of my Echo devices. I clicked one of them, the nearest one....and Alexa pipes up and says, "You have started a session with HomeSeer. Please tell me what you would like HomeSeer to do?"

OK, what are you guys doing over there? Are you playing again?

Jim Speiser
                    Still don't know squat

Comment

Please put in support tickets if you guys need help with your Alexa integration.
                      πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Did you ever get this resolved? Mine is OK now.

Jim Speiser
                        Still don't know squat

Comment

No, not really. It works -- sometimes -- and then stops working again. There is no pattern I've been able to figure out. Restarting HS3 almost always fixes things temporarily (as in, for maybe an hour, or maybe 15 minutes). I'll try putting in another trouble ticket.

Comment

Working...
                          X