Alexa Skill Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa Skill Issue

I Enabled the Homeseer Smarthome Skill on alexa. It all works fine and good. But I uninstalled 2 devices after installing them because they were in the wrong room on accident. Later figuring out there was a better way to changing the room. The issue now is I can't get the devices to show back up. I deleted the z wave device from my homeseer and reinstalled it and it still won't show up on Alexa. Anyone else have this issue or find a workaround or fix.

I'd recommend putting in a support ticket on this issue here:
    https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starlord View Post
      I Enabled the Homeseer Smarthome Skill on alexa. It all works fine and good. But I uninstalled 2 devices after installing them because they were in the wrong room on accident. Later figuring out there was a better way to changing the room. The issue now is I can't get the devices to show back up. I deleted the z wave device from my homeseer and reinstalled it and it still won't show up on Alexa. Anyone else have this issue or find a workaround or fix.
      Just to be sure
      1. clicked "forget" on the alexa smarthome devices
      2. clicked on "voice command enabled" in homeseer
      3. clicked "Discover" in the Alexa smarthome devices

I have over 100 devices on my alexa smart home set up and I've had the same issue twice in the past. I ended up forgetting all the devices. Turning off "the voice enabled" from all the devices and then enabling 3 or 4 at a time until I found one device that for whatever reason was causing a problem. I added "voice command" text and tried again and it seemed to work. If you only have a few devices it might be worth a try.
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by jasv View Post

Just to be sure
        1. clicked "forget" on the alexa smarthome devices
        2. clicked on "voice command enabled" in homeseer
        3. clicked "Discover" in the Alexa smarthome devices

I have over 100 devices on my alexa smart home set up and I've had the same issue twice in the past. I ended up forgetting all the devices. Turning off "the voice enabled" from all the devices and then enabling 3 or 4 at a time until I found one device that for whatever reason was causing a problem. I added "voice command" text and tried again and it seemed to work. If you only have a few devices it might be worth a try.
        That was it. Problem child was garage door through myq plug-in. I have not been able to get it working with Alexa yet but that one garage door isnt that important.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlord View Post

That was it. Problem child was garage door through myq plug-in. I have not been able to get it working with Alexa yet but that one garage door isnt that important.
          Cool. Thank you for the update.
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
          X