Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scenes (events) stopped working after skill upgrade - Solved.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scenes (events) stopped working after skill upgrade - Solved.

After the skill upgrade on the 1st or 2nd, my Alexa routines that run HS scenes (events) stopped working. The Alexa routine, of course, still runs but the associated HS scene never triggers on HS. The scene is still there and discoverable. I can add a new scene and discover it and it shows up on Alexa but if I add it to a routine it doesn't tigger when run. I can control individual devices normally. Anyone else running in to this issue?

Thanks!

-Mike

Originally posted by msbreton View Post
    After the skill upgrade on the 1st or 2nd, my Alexa routines that run HS scenes (events) stopped working. The Alexa routine, of course, still runs but the associated HS scene never triggers on HS. The scene is still there and discoverable. I can add a new scene and discover it and it shows up on Alexa but if I add it to a routine it doesn't tigger when run. I can control individual devices normally. Anyone else running in to this issue?

Thanks!

-Mike
    Ah-HA! So I'm not alone.

I have a routine that triggers on my speaking "Alexa, I'm retiring for the evening." (I'm hitting the hay.) She is supposed to say "nighty-night" or something, then hit the lights off in the master suite (not a scene, I think its just individual devices one by one). Then she plays "Calming Seas" by Llewellyn. (Try it, the best ocean waves sound.) (Not a skill, a "music" track).

I can't localize it to a specific date, but April 1st would be about right. Hasn't worked since then. She says "nighty-night" and the rest of it fails.

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

Comment

OK, upon closer reading, this is not quite the same issue. My routine turns off the lights directly, not through an HS Scene. But similar enough to be of concern. Wha hoppen?

Jim Speiser
      Still don't know squat

Comment

The Alexa skill for HS was updated on the 1st or 2nd. I think something broke related to scenes (events).

My "Good night" Alexa routine speaks a random good night phrase and then runs my HS all lights off event (scene). That worked until the 1st or 2nd and now it just speaks the good night phrase and the HS event never triggers. Nothing in the HS log.

-Mike

Comment

Originally posted by msbreton View Post
          The Alexa skill for HS was updated on the 1st or 2nd. I think something broke related to scenes (events).

My "Good night" Alexa routine speaks a random good night phrase and then runs my HS all lights off event (scene). That worked until the 1st or 2nd and now it just speaks the good night phrase and the HS event never triggers. Nothing in the HS log.

-Mike
          I think something broke, period. I hope HST is hard at work on this. (Not today, of course, it's Easter).

Jim Speiser
          Still don't know squat

Comment

You might want to check your HS devices in Alexa and make sure they're still "valid." The skill update changed how they detect HS voice-enabled devices (see here: New Device Discovery Implementation for Alexa and Google Home Goes Live 4/1 - HomeSeer Message Board). So a lot of my virtual devices were marked as "not responding" in the Smart Home/Devices section of the Alexa app. I had to do a fresh scan to get the updated devices listed and then update my routines to use the new devices and then remove the old.

Comment

Yeah, all my devices work fine. It's just events (scenes) that don't work. They are discoverable, but they don't execute.

Comment

I figured it out. In the Alexa routine, the scene (HS Event) has to come 1st or at least before the Alexa speaking action.

It wasn’t this way before but that makes it work now.

-Mike

Comment

Working...
                X