HS3/Alexa Event Discovery broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3/Alexa Event Discovery broken?

I have a number of Alexa routines that trigger Homeseer events; of course the Homeseer events have the "Include as Voice Command" box checked. However, I recently created a new event, including the voice command text as well as checking the "Include as Voice Command" box checked, but no matter what I do, Alexa does not discover this event and it is not made available as an Scene that Alexa can invoke.

I know this worked in the past. In fact, the Homeseer Events that were previously discovered by Alexa still populate in the available Smart Home scene list that Alexa populates. Further, any Alexa routine that I previously created that invokes a Homeseer Event/scene still works. The problem is, any new events wtih the "include as voice command" box checked do NOT get discovered by Alexa. This leads me to believe that at some point in the last few months the HS3/Alexa discovery process has been broken. Thoughts/comments?

I eagerly began to setup my new Echo Dot Gen 4 today. Following all HS published instructions and so far so good. I added a couple (Literally 2) Events which were discovered by the Alexa app and seems to work well. I began to add about 6 more HS Events, and now each time I "Discover Scenes" through the Alexa App, I receive the "No New Scenes Found". The original two Alexa Scenes are still there but nothing new. Of course I went back and verified that all of the newly Alexa enabled events had both the Voice & Advanced Features enabled in HS4 and yes they were. I've tried disabling the Skill, Updating to HS4 Latest Release: 4.1.16.0 & powering down and restarting HS4 & the Echo Dot Gen 4 but still nothing. There still seems to be major issues with HomeSeer and Alexa integration. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated...

Comment

Sounds like you're experiencing something similar. I was able to incrementally add new HS3 Events that were picked up as Alexa scenes for a while there, but lately, any new events don't get picked up. To work around this, I've re-purposed some HS3 events that Alexa has picked up in the past -- of course this means I'm losing some automation in the process. There definitely seems to be an issue with Alexa picking up HS events...

Comment

Working...
      X