HS devices not showing up in Alexa app?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS devices not showing up in Alexa app?

I've had HS3 and Alexa integration working for quite a while. I rarely use the Alexa app for any control. It's been voice control only, and that's worked well.

I recently hit upon the idea of tracking if a morning wake-up alarm was canceled in the kid's room, but they didn't get up. That's another thread here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...nts-from-alexa

In the process of poking around in the Alexa app I noticed none of my HS3 devices are showing up where I'd previously seen them. They don't show up under the Alexa app section for 'Lights'. They still show up under Devices, but have a different icon (that's not the lightbulb icon shown for things like Hue lights that DO show up under the app Lights section).

Is there a way to have HS3 devices recognized as Lights, so they'll show up this way?

Yes, make sure that your device feature has a check mark next to "Is Light" in the device properties.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	207
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	1506481
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Hmmm, it seems many were not set to "Is Light". I've set them. Is there a simple way to have that status updated in the Alexa?

Comment

I believe you can just run the discovery process again and it should update your existing devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
          I believe you can just run the discovery process again and it should update your existing devices.
          Tried that, no new devices discovered, nor did it change the 'Type' of existing ones.

The HS devices show up with a 'house' icon, not a lightbulb. Curiously though, ones without 'Is Dimmable' selected in HS show up with just an On Off control. Those with 'Is Dimmable' selected, however, show up with some buttons underneath for Min, 20%, 40, 60, 80 and Max. Not with a slider for dimming, as appears for other lighting seen as "lights".

Comment

I also tried disabling/re-enabling the Homeseer skill in the Alexa app. No change in how the HS devices show up. Though I only tried disable/enable of the Skill. Not actually removing the devices in the Alexa app, as I have quite a lot of them.

But I did also try removing two light devices. No change. Both come back as type "Other".

Comment

Working...
            X