Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

alexa homeseer device discovery not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alexa homeseer device discovery not working.

Hi.

I have HS4 updated to the latest version Alexa device discovery doesn't find any of my HomeSeer device and event. I tried removing the devices and destroy again that didn't work i tried to unlink my account and link it again but the problem is still there it just link Alexa linked my HomeSeer account to the skill but doesn't talk to my system.
    what can be the problem....?

I'm in the same boat. Current devices are working fine,.... but I can't add any new devices again. Argh.

Comment

In the latest version of HS4 there are two boxes you need to check, one for voice command and one for Alexa.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
        In the latest version of HS4 there are two boxes you need to check, one for voice command and one for Alexa.
        Thanks... I'm familiar with how to set it up.

It's just not seeing anything new I add. Also tried just deleting a known working device from the Alexa app and trying to rediscover that... no go.

Comment

I had the exact same issue and checking the Amazon Alexa Discovery did the trick. If it doesn't for you then I don't know what else it could be. I think I did shut down HS4 and restart it but I am not convinced that is necessary. What I also always do is disabling the HS Alexa skill and then re-enabling it. In the past that helped. But apparently the OP already tried that without success (though maybe he didn't check the Amazon Alexa Discovery).

Comment

When you have issues discovering new devices you will want to disable voice control for all devices using the bulk edit option in the list view. Then disable all event voice commands. Then enable one voice command on one on/off device. Then forget your devices, and then unlink and relink your account. Lastly run discovery. If this fails you need to ensure your myHS account matches your HS4 myHS account in both username and password. Then ensure you can connect to your HS4 server using https://myhs.homeseer.com/ from outside your LAN. Ie using a cell phone on cellular data and not WIFI.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Agreed. But when you unlink, this destroys all of your Alexa routines and you have to reprogram them all since there’s no way to do a bulk unload/reload of those routines. After 4-5 cycles of this I just gave up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                When you have issues discovering new devices you will want to disable voice control for all devices using the bulk edit option in the list view. Then disable all event voice commands. Then enable one voice command on one on/off device. Then forget your devices, and then unlink and relink your account. Lastly run discovery. If this fails you need to ensure your myHS account matches your HS4 myHS account in both username and password. Then ensure you can connect to your HS4 server using https://myhs.homeseer.com/ from outside your LAN. Ie using a cell phone on cellular data and not WIFI.
                I did everything but nothing works Alexa can't find any of my devices 😢 I notice something strange in the Alexa app don't know if this is related or it's normal but in my Alexa skill under my skills I see HomeSeer skill installed and linked to my account but in my Alexa smart home tab under enabled skill, I don't see the HomeSeer skill it's missing. any more ideas..?

and another question I'm not living in the USA I'm from Israel is there some kind of problem with different locations and HomeSeer/Alexa..?

Comment

Originally posted by smargi View Post
                  ... and another question I'm not living in the USA I'm from Israel is there some kind of problem with different locations and HomeSeer/Alexa..?
                  Yes you can not use Alexa from Israel unless you create a USA account.

Comment

Yes you can not use Alexa from Israel unless you create a USA account.
                    What do you mean USA account..? I’m able to connect to my amazon account and skills with alexa with no problem and link to other devices with no problem the only thing that doesn’t work is the homeseer skill.

Comment

Originally posted by smargi View Post

What do you mean USA account..? I’m able to connect to my amazon account and skills with alexa with no problem and link to other devices with no problem the only thing that doesn’t work is the homeseer skill.
                      Correct. The HS skills only work with certain locations. See this for more information:
                      https://homeseer.com/amazon-alexa-integration/

Comment

This did actually work for me... so that's good. Lost about 3 hours recreating all my alexa groups and routines... but in this case I actually figured some new stuff out so I'll call it a win.

Comment

Tomgru What new stuff did you figure out? I am using Alexa quite a bit so I am interested!

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
                            Tomgru What new stuff did you figure out? I am using Alexa quite a bit so I am interested!
                            My issue was that I wanted Alexa control of lights in room, individually and as a group (e.g. "Dim all lights in Great room").
                            But I also have VDs to turn lights on/off that i use with HSTouch.

I was getting issues/confused when I'd add the individual lights (devices) to a created Alexa Group (e.g. Great Room). Doing this allows me to use Alexa to turn on all the lights (or dim) at once. But the VD was then out of sync for HSTouch/tablets.

I Added that to the group as well, but as a switch (and not a light).

Now if i "turn on/off" the lights via Alexa, the VD is updated as well (and syncs with Touch). Probably a no brainer to you, but i never had this working right :-).

The only time it gets out of sync is If the lights are off, and I start by telling Alexa to "Dim the lights to xx%". That works ... but the VD still shows off.

Comment

Correct. The HS skills only work with certain locations. See this for more information:
                              https://homeseer.com/amazon-alexa-integration/
                              If it only works from that country's how I'm able to connect the skill to Alexa..? there is a way to make USA account force Alexa to work in my country Israel..?

Comment

Working...
                              X