Alexa voice commands for Homeseer devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa voice commands for Homeseer devices

I have been saving power around the house by plugging things that don't need to be powered up all the time into z-wave sockets. I can then control them with Alexa, with one odd issue.

These work every time:
    Alexa: Turn kitchen power on
    Alexa: Turn bedroom one power on
    Alexa: Turn bedroom two power on
    Alexa: Turn bedroom three power on

But this doesn't:
    Alexa: Turn bedroom four power on

It regularly asks me if I want to enable a Dyson skill. I must be asking something weird, but it doesn't make sense to me, so I don't know what to change it to ! Any ideas ?
    Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Have you checked to see what Alexa heard you say? Are these events with voice commands? Have you tried changing the voice command altogether as a test?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Good point !

They are device commands with short "Voice Command" names set up for each device, so for example "First floor Bedroom 1 Bedroom 1 Power" is shortened to "Bedroom One Power" for the voice command in the device settings.

Have you tried changing the voice command altogether as a test?
      As I said above, most of them work every time, while just this one fails most times.

So, what DID Alexa hear:

I say "Alexa: Turn bedroom four power on", and it hears "turn bedroom FULL power on". It then responds "The skill, Dyson can help you with that. Did you want to enable it ?".

So I tried "Alexa: four full four full". It heard "four four four four". Hmmm, maybe I need to buy a house with less bedrooms

Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

Originally posted by Traction Tim View Post

So I tried "Alexa: four full four full". It heard "four four four four". Hmmm, maybe I need to buy a house with less bedrooms
        You need to train Alexa to better recognize your voice:

How to Train Amazon's Alexa to Recognize Your Voice | PCMag

Comment

I know I did that when I set it up, and it does correctly identify myself or my wife speaking. It does do this "four" thing for both of us, so it shouldn't be my accent.

"Alexa, who am I ?" = Tim.

I'll give it another try though.

Comment

Originally posted by Traction Tim View Post
            I know I did that when I set it up, and it does correctly identify myself or my wife speaking. It does do this "four" thing for both of us, so it shouldn't be my accent.

"Alexa, who am I ?" = Tim.

I'll give it another try though.
            One would hope that Amazon regionalizes the voice recognition service and that your native accent shouldn't matter. Then again, I can't understand the accent from folks in southern USA and they complain I talk too fast

Comment

Working...
            X