HS4 Alexa IntegrationIssues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

It didn't work for a few users under that post...
    Wade said he could help you here:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...60#post1572060
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I opened a ticket and tried the useless thing that was asked (what I already told them I did before I opened the ticket!)

Submitting a bug to tech support has not helped in the recent past, seems like they try to avoid doing any real troubleshooting (ya know, with debug logging and such)... I'm not sure HS even has proper debug logging to figure out half the bugs. If they cant repro the problem it cant be fixed.

Yes, I sound frustrated... I'm tired of finding so many HS bugs and then spending hours telling them how to fix it and/or begging to get it fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        I know. I've already been working with him
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

If you are having an issue please PM Wade or put in a support ticket as he's working with each user having these issues.

Comment

I know. I've already been working with him
            Yes he said your config works fine for him so I suspect a communications issue between your network and the HST myHS system. A couple of users have had success clearing their DNS Cache.
            ipconfig/flushdns

Comment

Yes he said your config works fine for him so I suspect a communications issue between your network and the HST myHS system. A couple of users have had success clearing their DNS Cache.
              ipconfig/flushdns
              No Rupp, it doesn't. I'll try to explain it again.
              I added a simple virtual device and did a discover. It did not discover.
              There is no communication issue since it finds all the other devices and everything is controllable. I'm able to login to myhs, so, again, no communication issue. And what does DNS have to do with this?

Comment

No Rupp, it doesn't. I'll try to explain it again.
                I added a simple virtual device and did a discover. It did not discover.
                There is no communication issue since it finds all the other devices and everything is controllable. I'm able to login to myhs, so, again, no communication issue. And what does DNS have to do with this?
                You'll want to work with Wade on this issue to be sure you guys are on same page.

Comment

You'll want to work with Wade on this issue to be sure you guys are on same page.
                  I know... I'm already working with him

Comment

I know... I'm already working with him
                    Ok good job

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
                      I opened a ticket and tried the useless thing that was asked (what I already told them I did before I opened the ticket!)

Submitting a bug to tech support has not helped in the recent past, seems like they try to avoid doing any real troubleshooting (ya know, with debug logging and such)... I'm not sure HS even has proper debug logging to figure out half the bugs. If they cant repro the problem it cant be fixed.

Yes, I sound frustrated... I'm tired of finding so many HS bugs and then spending hours telling them how to fix it and/or begging to get it fix it.
                      I responded to your message on Saturday but I haven't heard back. Are you still having an issue?
                      Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

If anyone is still having an issue, they are welcome to PM me and I will look into it for them.
                        Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post

I responded to your message on Saturday but I haven't heard back. Are you still having an issue?
                          I do not have any pm from you. Rich says he pm'd me also, never got that either. Must be an HS bug affecting the forum code, by osmosis or out of pure jealousy. ​​​​​​

I'll pm you again

Comment

Follow-up on this... Solution = Rich reset the account pw directly -then after that- I did a 'forgot password' and reset my password again since it needed to be the same.
                            What happened you ask... I suspect the server-side pw was corrupt since I had already done a 'forgot password' three times and it did not fix it until Rich reset the account pw manually.

Comment

Working...
                            X