Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeseer controlling Alexa (Not Alexa controlling Homeseer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer controlling Alexa (Not Alexa controlling Homeseer)

Is this possible for instances where devices can't work with Homeseer? I have some ideas on how to shimmy something up but wondering if there's an actual way for homeseer to tell alexa to turn on the lights to bridge the incompatibility gap.

You can use Node Red for this. Look at the Node Red subforum: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...tions/node-red

Comment

As an alternative to Node Red, you can also use the Android Tasker application (AutoVoice plugin) to trigger Alexa routines.

As to which is easier, that would depend on if you already have Node Red or if you have Tasker installed on a Android device.

Comment

This is really a low rent solution. In my storage closet turned way down I used to have speaker I had HS talk to an Alexa to do things like pause my Spruce Irrigation sprinklers since there's no plugin for Spruce in HS...but it's an Alexa skill.

Comment

Originally posted by ts1234 View Post
          This is really a low rent solution. In my storage closet turned way down I used to have speaker I had HS talk to an Alexa to do things like pause my Spruce Irrigation sprinklers since there's no plugin for Spruce in HS...but it's an Alexa skill.
          Before I got into HS I had read about someone doing something like this but with walkie-talkies. It was on one of the early Echo forums. I can't remember if it was because he wanted something longer range than the Alexa remote or if he didn't like Alexa listening all the time.

Comment

Thanks guys. I definitely want to do this the best way possible and it looks like Node Red is going to be the way to go. I've got it set up but HomeSeer is so vast I can't decide what I want to tackle first! I've got a few Z-Wave devices set up and tons more ordered. Tinkered with Node Red a bit but it's going to take a good weekend (which I won't have for awhile) to get it going looks like. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X