Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drmcp
    replied
    thanks for the update, and point well taken lol, and I hope my commits are taken as help with the beta testing

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    It looks like the connected home API is down right now. We started working on adding thermostat support which requires an update to the API. Amazon just enabled the V2 API on our account and that broke the V1 API. In theory it should not have affected it, but something broke. I am working with them to find out what they changed. When its back up I will post.

I do want to mention that until this is officially released by Amazon, we need to consider it Beta and may not stay up.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    It looks like the connected home API is down right now. We started working on adding thermostat support which requires an update to the API. Amazon just enabled the V2 API on our account and that broke the V1 API. In theory it should not have affected it, but something broke. I am working with them to find out what they changed. When its back up I will post.

I do want to mention that until this is officially released by Amazon, we need to consider it Beta and may not stay up.

Leave a comment:

• drmcp
    replied
    all of a sudden i have lost all devices and can't be found again, update to HAI plugin 3.0.1.15

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Hey there Ramy....still waiting here for SSD....did you get to it yet? Its been over a month now...

Leave a comment:

• Ramymounir
    replied
    Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
    Yes - that is the first screenshot above - here it is in larger size:

I dont have Home seer in this list as shown in the photo.. i dunno what i am doing wrong i followed all the steps. also i believe there should be an amazon pop up window showing all the time on the windows version running HS3, but that doesn't show as well.. any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    No, you do not need one. When I get your license ID I will investigate.

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
    I do not have a premium account. If I need one I will sign up, but I did not think I needed a premimum account. I will send you an email.

Steve Q

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    I signed up for a premimum account. Lets see if that solves the problem. I did recently switch to a new computer. I'll test it later today.

Steve Q
    You only need a premium account if you need to connect to more than one HS3 instance.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied
    I signed up for a premimum account. Lets see if that solves the problem. I did recently switch to a new computer. I'll test it later today.

Steve Q

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied
    I do not have a premium account. If I need one I will sign up, but I did not think I needed a premimum account. I will send you an email.

Steve Q

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Do you have the premium MyHS account with multiple users? Email me your license ID and we can see what the problem is.

Nothing appears in the HS3 log. Yes, I can connect to myhs.homeseer.com. Yes, I can connect via HStouch on my iPad. Yes I can control my devices by either method. Yes, the Amazon Alexa app shows that I am linked to HomeSeer. Yes, I have devices that have control use set to on/off on the status graphics tab for several devices. Yes, IFTTT works without any problems. No, Amazon Echo cannot find any devices.

This is the 4th time I have tried all this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied
    Cant find any devices

Nothing appears in the HS3 log. Yes, I can connect to myhs.homeseer.com. Yes, I can connect via HStouch on my iPad. Yes I can control my devices by either method. Yes, the Amazon Alexa app shows that I am linked to HomeSeer. Yes, I have devices that have control use set to on/off on the status graphics tab for several devices. Yes, IFTTT works without any problems. No, Amazon Echo cannot find any devices.

This is the 4th time I have tried all this!

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    There is a json call in hs that handles this, check your log when you start the discovery, it will log a message. Make sure you can access your system from myhs.homeseer.com.

So, when you tell Echo to discover devices, where is it looking? I assume it is the MyHomeseer cloud which is supposed to be mirroring my system. I don't think the cloud is properly mirroring my local system. How can I be sure it is?

Steve Q

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied
    So, when you tell Echo to discover devices, where is it looking? I assume it is the MyHomeseer cloud which is supposed to be mirroring my system. I don't think the cloud is properly mirroring my local system. How can I be sure it is?

Steve Q

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    They do not have an option for local control, I suspect they did not realize how many different HA systems were out there. Maybe they will add something in the future. The local control uses the JSON protocol. Response is pretty quick here.

Originally posted by Thrag View Post
    Does Amazon give no option at all for local discovery and control similar to the Hue? It would not surprise me if this is the case, but it is would still be frustrating that an example of how things can and should work locally was the first integration they released. At its root the Hue bridge just uses SSDP for discovery, which is not proprietary. How it controls things is custom but one wouldn't want to copy that anyway since it is specific to their devices.

I know I need a connection to the internet for the Echo to work. Not having to be connected to the internet is not the point of wanting local communications where should be possible. It's purely about reliability and responsiveness. It's about the basic principle of eliminating unnecessary points of failure. When it comes to the matter of responsiveness, adding an additional trip around the internet is never a positive.

Leave a comment:

• Thrag
    replied
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Note that the HABridge uses the Philips HUE discovery protocol, that is the protocol they embedded in the Echo for local control. We cannot use it as emulating that protocol violates the Philips terms of service. So we are using the Amazon API which requires the MyHS connection. We have been updating the MyHS service and its very stable at this point. My Echo has been working fine for weeks. Your voice commands are still processed by Amazon, so you will always need an Internet connection.
    Does Amazon give no option at all for local discovery and control similar to the Hue? It would not surprise me if this is the case, but it is would still be frustrating that an example of how things can and should work locally was the first integration they released. At its root the Hue bridge just uses SSDP for discovery, which is not proprietary. How it controls things is custom but one wouldn't want to copy that anyway since it is specific to their devices.

I know I need a connection to the internet for the Echo to work. Not having to be connected to the internet is not the point of wanting local communications where should be possible. It's purely about reliability and responsiveness. It's about the basic principle of eliminating unnecessary points of failure. When it comes to the matter of responsiveness, adding an additional trip around the internet is never a positive.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X