Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant find any devices

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    all of a sudden i have lost all devices and can't be found again, update to HAI plugin 3.0.1.15

    Comment


      #47
      It looks like the connected home API is down right now. We started working on adding thermostat support which requires an update to the API. Amazon just enabled the V2 API on our account and that broke the V1 API. In theory it should not have affected it, but something broke. I am working with them to find out what they changed. When its back up I will post.

      I do want to mention that until this is officially released by Amazon, we need to consider it Beta and may not stay up.
      website | buy now | support | youtube

      Comment


        #48
        thanks for the update, and point well taken lol, and I hope my commits are taken as help with the beta testing

        Originally posted by rjh View Post
        It looks like the connected home API is down right now. We started working on adding thermostat support which requires an update to the API. Amazon just enabled the V2 API on our account and that broke the V1 API. In theory it should not have affected it, but something broke. I am working with them to find out what they changed. When its back up I will post.

        I do want to mention that until this is officially released by Amazon, we need to consider it Beta and may not stay up.

        Comment


          #49
          I forgot my devices on purpose and cannot rediscover them. My most recent rediscovery was a day or 2 ago and went fine. Any ideas? Running on W7 with .258. There have been no problems until today.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by rjh View Post
            It looks like the connected home API is down right now. We started working on adding thermostat support which requires an update to the API. Amazon just enabled the V2 API on our account and that broke the V1 API. In theory it should not have affected it, but something broke. I am working with them to find out what they changed. When its back up I will post.

            I do want to mention that until this is officially released by Amazon, we need to consider it Beta and may not stay up.
            I do not like my house going in and out of beta mode, When you start to depend on homeseer, it starts to fall short, and is not dependable. This has been my experience over and over and over again with homeseer.

            Stability should be your top most concern, always.
            Joe (zimmer62)

            BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
              I do not like my house going in and out of beta mode, When you start to depend on homeseer, it starts to fall short, and is not dependable. This has been my experience over and over and over again with homeseer.

              Stability should be your top most concern, always.
              If you stick with the delivered items you should be fine. You may miss out on the new "toys" but the delivered HS3.exe is very stable.
              -Rupp
              sigpic

              Comment


                #52
                Found myself in the same situation as Steve Q this morning.

                Unplugged my Echo to move it to another location and none of my devices worked.

                Deleted the devices, and now can't get the Echo to find them.

                Very frustrating.

                So my question is, can you guys roll back to V1 while you get the V2 situation resolved?

                Thanks

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
                  I do not like my house going in and out of beta mode, When you start to depend on homeseer, it starts to fall short, and is not dependable. This has been my experience over and over and over again with homeseer.



                  Stability should be your top most concern, always.

                  That said, I think Homeseer has gone far beyond what I would have expected and the fact that they have integrated with echo at all is just awesome. I say kudos and will wait patiently for a fix.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Overnight apparently Amazon changed the API without notice so it may be a bit of time before this will be fixed.
                    -Rupp
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      #55
                      My fault for not making it clear that the Connected Home API was posted here for TESTING, it is not a released product. I have updated the original post to reflect this. We need to go through a whole bunch of testing with Amazon and a third party before it will be approved and the code locked. We are probably months away from that as Amazon is really backed up at the moment.

                      They allowed me to give out the manual link as I thought HS3 users would like to try it. I was of course hoping that it would be stable.

                      I have conversed with them today on the issue but they have not figured out what is going on, hopefully it won't be long. Once we do get it working, we will have thermostat support added.
                      website | buy now | support | youtube

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by rjh View Post
                        My fault for not making it clear that the Connected Home API was posted here for TESTING, it is not a released product. I have updated the original post to reflect this. We need to go through a whole bunch of testing with Amazon and a third party before it will be approved and the code locked. We are probably months away from that as Amazon is really backed up at the moment.

                        They allowed me to give out the manual link as I thought HS3 users would like to try it. I was of course hoping that it would be stable.


                        I have conversed with them today on the issue but they have not figured out what is going on, hopefully it won't be long. Once we do get it working, we will have thermostat support added.
                        So then I'm confused.

                        Should devices still work with the approved Amazon "skill" ?

                        Thanks

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Yes, the skill is approved and is not impacted by this.

                          Originally posted by gserp4sox View Post
                          So then I'm confused.

                          Should devices still work with the approved Amazon "skill" ?

                          Thanks
                          website | buy now | support | youtube

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by rjh View Post
                            My fault for not making it clear that the Connected Home API was posted here for TESTING, it is not a released product. I have updated the original post to reflect this. We need to go through a whole bunch of testing with Amazon and a third party before it will be approved and the code locked. We are probably months away from that as Amazon is really backed up at the moment.

                            They allowed me to give out the manual link as I thought HS3 users would like to try it. I was of course hoping that it would be stable.

                            I have conversed with them today on the issue but they have not figured out what is going on, hopefully it won't be long. Once we do get it working, we will have thermostat support added.
                            Rich, I am confused on a couple things here. So we are months away now from any echo support we previously had, or months away from just adding thermostat support?

                            Though I know and fully accept this is beta, and really not that upset (just sad I can't play with it), I do think it misleading in one breath to say this is beta and expect it to be out from time to time, and in another breath have emails and websites exploiting this functionality to the masses. Joe blow that doesn't follow these forums as closely as some of the other users wouldn't know this is a beta and figured if the company is advertising it, its been vetted and approved for production.

                            Comment


                              #59
                              I think you are a little confused, and Amazon makes it confusing.

                              There are 2 ways to use the Echo with HS3, one is the "Skill" which is done and approved and we are marketing that. That also is not affected here and still works ok.

                              The second is the "Connected Home API". This allows you to use voice control without saying "Tell HomeSeer To". This feature is in Beta and is NOT being advertised outside this forum. And its not yet listed in the Alexa App, so no one knows about it unless they come here. I hope to have this back working shortly. The official release of this is a ways off. The coding is done, we are just waiting on Amazon. The threads here are getting a mix of posts about the Skill and the API so that is making it more confusing.

                              Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                              Rich, I am confused on a couple things here. So we are months away now from any echo support we previously had, or months away from just adding thermostat support?

                              Though I know and fully accept this is beta, and really not that upset (just sad I can't play with it), I do think it misleading in one breath to say this is beta and expect it to be out from time to time, and in another breath have emails and websites exploiting this functionality to the masses. Joe blow that doesn't follow these forums as closely as some of the other users wouldn't know this is a beta and figured if the company is advertising it, its been vetted and approved for production.
                              website | buy now | support | youtube

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Makes sense now. Thank you... and thanks to the team for the work on this up to this point. I am ordering more echo's as we speak.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X