Cant find any devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    3) For thermostats,make sure the Control Use for the set points is set to the proper heat and cool value. The set point is the only device that will be discovered.
    I haven't gotten the thermostat to work yet. I have all the voice command boxes checked. When I change the Control Use dropdown for the Heat Set Point to 'Heat Setpoint' and hit Done, and then go back in to that Status Graphic screen, the Control Use box has reverted to 'Not Specified'. This happens for Heat and Cool Setpoints. I am on linux .243. Is this a bug, or am I forgetting to do something.

Comment

There may be a fix for this in the next build. We should be posting an update today, so try it again when its available.

Originally posted by will.i.am View Post
      I haven't gotten the thermostat to work yet. I have all the voice command boxes checked. When I change the Control Use dropdown for the Heat Set Point to 'Heat Setpoint' and hit Done, and then go back in to that Status Graphic screen, the Control Use box has reverted to 'Not Specified'. This happens for Heat and Cool Setpoints. I am on linux .243. Is this a bug, or am I forgetting to do something.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        There may be a fix for this in the next build. We should be posting an update today, so try it again when its available.
        Rich/Rick, fantastic job with this api. I do notice that you are also more active with this forum, that is great to see as well. As someone mentioned in previous posts, in the future would it be possible to add an extra field to change the name of the device for voice recognition. I have many light switches that unfortunately I called "Room" light switch, an example would be kitchen light switch, because I have two of them, if I do forget to say switch it will tell me that I have two of them and to narrow it down. I don't want to change the name of the device otherwise I would need to change them in hstouch, events and etc. I could create group but this seem to be a easy and clean solution. I heard people mentioning rooms to be added to the list and others having symbol in it. This way, the voice can be anything you like. Just my 2 cents. Great job.

Comment

I really don't want to complicate things further with another option like this, it will just confuse most users.

I am confused as to why you want the names of your devices to be different from what you call them with voice and what you call them when they are displayed? Seems to me that would make it impossible to remember what to use for the VR. The names are for display purposes only, you can change them and that will not affect your events, or HSTouch. So renaming them for better voice control should be easy.

Originally posted by aldo View Post
          Rich/Rick, fantastic job with this api. I do notice that you are also more active with this forum, that is great to see as well. As someone mentioned in previous posts, in the future would it be possible to add an extra field to change the name of the device for voice recognition. I have many light switches that unfortunately I called "Room" light switch, an example would be kitchen light switch, because I have two of them, if I do forget to say switch it will tell me that I have two of them and to narrow it down. I don't want to change the name of the device otherwise I would need to change them in hstouch, events and etc. I could create group but this seem to be a easy and clean solution. I heard people mentioning rooms to be added to the list and others having symbol in it. This way, the voice can be anything you like. Just my 2 cents. Great job.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
            For cases like this, it might be easier to just create a virtual device and name it whatever you want and use an event to trigger on the virtual device turning on/off.
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Echo can't find any devices

I tried everything in this thread; my Echo is still not able to find any of my devices. I am using HS3 ver 258.

I have also updated my Echo app, unlinked then relinked, created new devices but Echo finds nothing.

The HS3 touch App works properly on my iPad and Computer and I am able to control my devices via MyHomeseer.
              IFTTT also works well on my Echo!

What else can I try!

Steve Q
              Last edited by Steve Q; March 15, 2016, 09:33 AM.
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                I tried everything in this thread; my Echo is still not able to find any of my devices. I am using HS3 ver 258.

I have also updated my Echo app, unlinked then relinked, created new devices but Echo finds nothing.

The HS3 touch App works properly on my iPad and Computer and I am able to control my devices via MyHomeseer.
                IFTTT also works well on my Echo!

What else can I try!

Steve Q
                Create a virtual device, it should be tagged already for voice control. Tell Alexa to discover your devices and see if you can control it. This will let you play around with naming the device to whatever you need. I only control virtual devices and run events based on its status.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Comment

I tried this already. It did not work.

In the discovery process, does Alexa say "if the Phillips....is not discovered, press the button on the hub". It seems like echo is looking looking for non HomeSeer devices?

I think there is a communication issue between Amazon and MyHomeseer. The discovery period only lasts a few seconds, but I have about 300 devices.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                  2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Yeah, just ignore the Phillips message.
                    I think you're right. Are you sure myhs is pointing to your system and working?

Comment

Cant find any devices

Yes I'm sure it is pointing to my devices. When I login to myhs.homeseer.com, my HS3 pages come up. Also, HSTouch is working correctly. About a year ago, I had a problem that myhs was pointed to the wrong computer. I wonder if somehow an old backup of myhs got used to establish the link to the Amazon echo?

Comment

Yeah, I have never been a fan of myhs as it is slow and hit or miss. Its a necessary evil for this to work. You might try logging out of both, then logging back in.

Comment

I started over and went through the procedure again. The Echo still cant find any devices.

IFTTT still works and I am able to control my devices via myHS/HS3Touch, both on my computer and my iPad.

I also tried connecting to the Echo Skill for Homeseer. This does not work either.

Can anyone confirm that the myHomeseer to Echo setup is actually working?

Steve Q

Comment

Does this post help?
                            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180430

Comment

Nope! Did not make any difference. No devices are discovered.

I think I can confirm that something in MyHomeseer is not working properly. I added a new virtual device to my setup. When I go to myhs.homeseer.com via my chrome browser, the device is there. However, when I use HSTOUCH, the device does not show up. An old out-of-date version is displayed. Something is definitely wrong!

Steve Q

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                                Yeah, I have never been a fan of myhs as it is slow and hit or miss. Its a necessary evil for this to work. You might try logging out of both, then logging back in.
                                It's a necessary evil for a published skill to work, and while I may be wrong, based on other implementations it should not in any way be required for connected home to work. The HA Bridge software has no website and that works just fine. It uses only local discovery. Unless Amazon for some reason isn't allowing HS to use local discovery, the decision to not do everything local seems a very poor one. I'm sure the poor reliability of MyHS gives the HS guys enough headaches, I can't imagine why they would want to tie more things to it and increase the number of problems and complaints.

Comment

Working...
                                X