API Still not officially supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

API Still not officially supported?

Are the instructions to manually link the API in the sticky of this area still true?

Support for this is not yet posted to the Amazon App but can be enabled manually using this procedure.

>1) First make sure you have signed up for MyHomeSeer at myhomeseer.com and that you can access your system from there.
    >
    >2) Update your HomeSeer system to HS3 version 3.0.0.241 or later. As of now the Beta is required, get from the HS3 beta forum.
    >
    >3) On any device with a browser, browse to Amazon.com and log in with your Amazon account. This MUST be the same account that you used to >link your Echo.
    >
    >4) On the same device that you just logged into Amazon on, enter the following URL:
    >
    >https://pitangui.amazon.com/api/part...ain=ALEXA_COHO
    >
    >5) You will be prompted with a login prompt, log in with your MyHS credentials. If the linking was successful you have now linked your Echo to >your HomeSeer system.
    >
    >6) The echo now needs to discover your HomeSeer devices. To do this, ask Alexa the following:
    >
    >"Alexa, discover my devices"

Is manual enabling still required? When is it expected to be live without manual enabling? This original post was from February, surely it doesn't take that long for Amazon to move?

Second question:

Once enabled, how do you disable it if necessary? I'm using the java bridge right now and if this isn't as good or better, I want to be able to go back to that. Is that possible?
    Last edited by mterry63; March 19, 2016, 12:19 PM.
Working...
X