No announcement yet.

All devices showing offline - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems to be not working again. It was working perfectly last night and get home from work and devices are showing offline and not discovered by alexa when I ask her to discover...

Comment

Amazon has made some changes we are working on an update, will post when its ready.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

At least it's known to be in testing so I can't complain about it being down. My second Echo device was delivered to the office and I wanted to show off the Alexa --> HS3 integration. This on a day that it just happens to be down. Anyway, I looked like a fool thanks to Amazon's timely changes. Hopefully I can show it off when my next Echo Dot arrives.

Comment

Note that our Skill is still working, that is unaffected, so you can enable that.

Comment

My devices are showing offline, Alexa responds with "That device doesn't respond to that command" yet it works! Lights are turning on and off, the only issue is that Alexa yells at me each time. Should I be expecting it to work any differently right now?

Comment

Check your Alexa app and make sure you are only linked to one HomeSeer app, you might see more than one in the app.

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
              My devices are showing offline, Alexa responds with "That device doesn't respond to that command" yet it works! Lights are turning on and off, the only issue is that Alexa yells at me each time. Should I be expecting it to work any differently right now?

Comment

Are you talking about the section under Device Links in Smart Home of the app? I see only one mention of Homeseer.

Comment

Does the only one you have show "amzn1.ask.skill" in it? That would be the one you want. It should not show v2 in the label.

-Travis

Comment

I don't see anything that references anything like this. Can you provide a few more details on where to find this? Also, to confirm, I am talking about the Alexa connection to Homeseer that allows me to say "Turn Lights on" vs. the connection that requires me to say "Tell Homeseer to turn the lights on". Thanks.

Comment

Yeah this is for the API (Alexa, turn on the bedroom light), not the skill (Alexa, Tell HomeSeer to...).

Here is the information for the latest Beta test for API setup.....

Go here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180033

-Travis

Comment

I linked to the new HomeSeer V2 and unlinked from V1. All devices are offline. Trying to discover again and Alexa does not find any. So I unlinked from V2 and linked back to V1. Devices still offline. Some will work but Alexa still says that the command doesn't work for that device.

So now V1 and V2 are broke (again).

Comment

Originally posted by will.i.am View Post
                          I linked to the new HomeSeer V2 and unlinked from V1. All devices are offline. Trying to discover again and Alexa does not find any. So I unlinked from V2 and linked back to V1. Devices still offline. Some will work but Alexa still says that the command doesn't work for that device.

So now V1 and V2 are broke (again).
                          Are you on HS3 v.283?

-Travis

Comment

I'm still on .280 (Linux). There is no .283 for Linux yet that I can find.

Comment

Originally posted by will.i.am View Post
                              I'm still on .280 (Linux). There is no .283 for Linux yet that I can find.
                              Rich released .284 for Linux yesterday...

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=90

-Travis

Comment

Yes. Looked around some more and just saw that. Guess I'll be trying that tonight. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X