Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ETA for API to be officially supported? (Released!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ETA for API to be officially supported? (Released!)

Any idea if/when it will be officially supported? There's a nagging concern due to the notice at the beginning of the sticky for the API that support for it could go away at any time. It's also annoying to see all the reviews and things talk about smart home integration with absolutely no mention whatsoever of HomeSeer.

John

The final SmartHome Skill has been submitted and should be active any time now. I will post when it is ready.

Note that you will need to disable your current skill, re-enable the released one, and re-discover your devices.

Originally posted by jhearty View Post
    Any idea if/when it will be officially supported? There's a nagging concern due to the notice at the beginning of the sticky for the API that support for it could go away at any time. It's also annoying to see all the reviews and things talk about smart home integration with absolutely no mention whatsoever of HomeSeer.

John
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It's amazing how accustomed you get to interacting with homeseer via this API. This morning I woke up and couldn't get the house out of night mode. It felt strange having to manually adjust temperatures, and turning accent lighting on manually via HS Touch.
      This evening I had to log into the web control to set my usual evening preferences.

At least motion sensors aren't affected or I'd have to remember what a light switch does.

Comment

Great news. Back from vacation and the new API works fine. Hoping to start seeing mention of official support for HomeSeer in reviews etc. So far the only controllers on Amazon's Smart Home links off the Echo description page noted as "Works with Alexa" are Samsung, Phillips and Insteon. HomeSeer is way more flexible than those.

Also, now that API support is official HomeSeer should consider updating this page to cover it, as many folks seem to prefer using it for simple control without the "Tell HomeSeer to..." prefix of the original skill.

http://www.homeseer.com/amazon-echo-integration.html
        Last edited by jhearty; July 31, 2016, 09:11 AM. Reason: Added note to suggest updating Echo Integration page.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          The final SmartHome Skill has been submitted and should be active any time now. I will post when it is ready.

Note that you will need to disable your current skill, re-enable the released one, and re-discover your devices.
          Is the new SmartHome Skill released? And if so, how do I find it in the list to disable the old one and re-enable the new one?

Comment

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
            Is the new SmartHome Skill released? And if so, how do I find it in the list to disable the old one and re-enable the new one?

You can search for HomeSeer in the Alexa app skills and find the new skill. I may be wrong, but I don't think you can trigger events from the Echo with the new skill. So you may not want to delete the old skill. I don't think I will use the new skill because of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have both skills enable. Alexa imported a bunch of devices and now I can say,

"Alexa, turn on the overhead lights" and it works.

I can still say

"Alexa, tell homeseer to turn on the overhead lights"

so I can run events that way.

Too bad we can't push to Alexa speech.
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
              Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
              weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Working...
              X