Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat not found since official release

Hi,
    My thermostat (Trane Zwave) worked in the previous beta versions but today I discovered that Alexa was showing the heat and cool setpoints as offline, I removed them from the Alexa interface but upon re-scan they were not found.

I tried re-scanning the root thermostat device in the Z-Wave tab of the HS device hoping it would reset something on the child devices but Alexa still won't see the thermostat.

I am running version 3.0.0.293.
    I'm not sure if this is a bug in the API or something is wrong with my setup. I've included some screenshots if that helps.
    Attached Files

I believe you need to enable voice commands for the root device with the released connected home skill.

Comment

Enabling voice commands did add the root device to Alexa but still not the set points. I also tried toggling voice commands on the set points but no change unfortunately.

Comment

You no longer add the set point with the released API. Amazon does not allow multiple setpoints so the Connected home Skill basically sets the setpoints of heat and cool based on an algorithm.

It is described here:
        http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...01&postcount=3

Comment

Well that's a bit of a step backwards.
          I got it "working." thanks for you help.

Any idea if the Heating/Cooling/Auto mode can be changed via voice other than using a virtual device?

Comment

Yeah HS were forced to dumb it down unfortunately. You could use the skill to trigger an event to change the mode. The virtual device is probably a bit simpler.

Comment

Working...
            X