Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Home now available under services! (Discontinued)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm wondering the same (re: Canada) but, if I'm reading correctly, this is not currently available for anyone as HS is still waiting for approval from Google.

Comment

Correct, the "Home Control" integration isn't available anywhere yet. Or at least, I still don't see it here in California.

Comment

We are still waiting for Google to enable it, as soon I know anything I will pass it on.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          We are still waiting for Google to enable it, as soon I know anything I will pass it on.
          Ugh...

Comment

Can we do anything to help speed this up? Bug Google someplace, perhaps? Emails or forum post on one of their groups? I am considering a Home unit, but won't get one until you has HomeSeer support.
            Karl S
            HS4Pro on Windows 10
            1070 Devices
            56 Z-Wave Nodes
            104 Events
            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
            Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

It's in! It's in. Fresh screenshot attached!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Woohoo!!

Edit: But it's failing to link my account... easier to fix than not being listed at all, though

(After entering my credentials, the myHS page said "Session expired" and that I needed to re-enter credentials and redirected me back to the login page.)

Edit 2: It's now getting past that issue, but I'm seeing something similar to Drathus - it says it successfully linked the account, but no devices show up on the Assign Rooms screen, and HS isn't listed as a linked account.
                Last edited by shill; July 18, 2017, 03:06 PM.

Comment

I tried adding it, but it's failing at the myhs authentication screen with a timeout or just dropping to a blank screen.
                  cheeryfool

Comment

I was able to sign-in, and then it gives the toast message "Successfully Linked your Homeseer Account" but no devices or rooms show up, nor does Homeseer list under "Linked Services", just available.

But hey, it's still progress. =)

Edit: I should probably be trying this when I get home from work, but my phone is connected via VPN to my home network, so it should all be reachable. Still could be something in that chain making it fail. We'll see in a few hours. =)

Edit Two: It does flash through an "Assign Rooms" screen prior to the "Successfully Linked" toast message, so it's like it's trying to do something in there.

Comment

Please read detailed instructions here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=190074

Comment

I am able to sign in, and my devices show, but they show the strange names that are native to the Homeseer config screens. "Light back back light" for instance.. LOL I'll need to get in and figure out how the naming thing works again. It hasn't been an issue since I can name things however I like with the bridge. It would be great if you could customize the names in homeseer but that is small potatoes compared to just getting it going and working smoothly.

I'll do some testing tonight when I get home to see how well it works.

Comment

The names are formatted as:

Location 1 (normally Floor) then Location1 (normally room) then Name

You can use the nickname feature in the Google Home app to rename them if you like. Note that you do not have to speak the entire name to control a device, just any part that is unique.

Originally posted by MrBoo View Post
                          I am able to sign in, and my devices show, but they show the strange names that are native to the Homeseer config screens. "Light back back light" for instance.. LOL I'll need to get in and figure out how the naming thing works again. It hasn't been an issue since I can name things however I like with the bridge. It would be great if you could customize the names in homeseer but that is small potatoes compared to just getting it going and working smoothly.

I'll do some testing tonight when I get home to see how well it works.

Comment

Image those 4 devices in my bedroom (location, room, device name):
                            Dimmer, Bedroom, Light
                            Switch, Bedroom, Light cabinet
                            Shutter, Bedroom, Shutter back
                            Shutter, Bedroom, Shutter side

Me: "OK Google, turn on bedroom lights"
                            Google: "OK, turning 3 lights on"
                            Result: Dimmer on and both shutters (!) opened

Me: "OK Google, turn on bedroom light cabinet"
                            Google: "Here are some images"

Me: OK Google, turn on cabinet bedroom lights"
                            Google (after several seconds): I'm sorry, there was an error and I'm unable to control your home device."
                            Result: Nearly all light in my house were turned on

Me: "OK Google, turn on bedroom light"
                            Google: "Sorry, I don't know what bedroom light you wanted to turn on"

Lessons learned:
                            1. Be carefull when using Light vs Lights. Everything seems to be considered Lights, whether or not it is called a Light.
                            2. If you have a "Light" and a "Light Cabinet", there is no way in controlling just the "Light".
                            3. This is not ready for prime time yet
                            stefxx

Comment

I would post further responses to this other thread:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=190074

This thread is dead and I will close it.

To comment on your post, yes, Google only assumes you are controlling lights, so ideally, you should not have the voice control checkbox enabled on non-light devices. They do have more work to do. Use an Amazon Echo for now, it is more robust.

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                              Image those 4 devices in my bedroom (location, room, device name):
                              Dimmer, Bedroom, Light
                              Switch, Bedroom, Light cabinet
                              Shutter, Bedroom, Shutter back
                              Shutter, Bedroom, Shutter side

Me: "OK Google, turn on bedroom lights"
                              Google: "OK, turning 3 lights on"
                              Result: Dimmer on and both shutters (!) opened

Me: "OK Google, turn on bedroom light cabinet"
                              Google: "Here are some images"

Me: OK Google, turn on cabinet bedroom lights"
                              Google (after several seconds): I'm sorry, there was an error and I'm unable to control your home device."
                              Result: Nearly all light in my house were turned on

Me: "OK Google, turn on bedroom light"
                              Google: "Sorry, I don't know what bedroom light you wanted to turn on"

Lessons learned:
                              1. Be carefull when using Light vs Lights. Everything seems to be considered Lights, whether or not it is called a Light.
                              2. If you have a "Light" and a "Light Cabinet", there is no way in controlling just the "Light".
                              3. This is not ready for prime time yet

Comment

Working...
                              X