Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Multiple Homes with HomeSeer and Google Home(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Homes with HomeSeer and Google Home(s)

Has anyone figured out how to have Google Home work with a specific HomeSeer. I have successfully linked my Google Home account with MyHS HomeSeer account. It works reasonably well. However, it seems to only link to a particular home in MyHS account. Can I switch it back and forth and/or have it only work with a particular one?

I do this by having one instance of homeseer controlling two locations and then by having distinct names for each device/room in each location.

Comment

Interesting approach. I'm running HomeTroller SEL's in both locations. How would do run one instance of homeseer controlling two locations?

Between both properties I have about 1100 devices. But, since many devices create multiple devices, I probably have about 350 individual devices.

Comment

Conceptually simple. Receivers and controllers principally consist of upb, zwave and older x-10 sensors in both houses. The plug ins allow for multiple instances or locations. So when recognizing the devices I utiilze "floors" on the devices to denote house one or house two so I can easily filter on hstouch. Same with my events, I can have separate events for each house or one event controlling devices in both houses.

For the actual physical connection of the sensors, receivers, controllers, I use a Ethernet to serial controller that basically connects the server in house 1 to all the devices in house 2. So in house two I have a znet (this is connected to server via the Internet) and a upb pim and a rfcom receiver (these two are connected to the Ethernet to serial box) which exactly what I have in house 1.

Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by acalbear View Post
          Conceptually simple. Receivers and controllers principally consist of upb, zwave and older x-10 sensors in both houses. The plug ins allow for multiple instances or locations. So when recognizing the devices I utiilze "floors" on the devices to denote house one or house two so I can easily filter on hstouch. Same with my events, I can have separate events for each house or one event controlling devices in both houses.

For the actual physical connection of the sensors, receivers, controllers, I use a Ethernet to serial controller that basically connects the server in house 1 to all the devices in house 2. So in house two I have a znet (this is connected to server via the Internet) and a upb pim and a rfcom receiver (these two are connected to the Ethernet to serial box) which exactly what I have in house 1.

Hope that makes sense.
          Thanks for clarifying. I do agree it is conceptually easy to understand. But, have you considered posting more detailed specifics on how you set it up? This is quite intriguing. I read a bit on the UPB plugins. But, obviously this is not enough.

https://homeseer.com/pdfs/guides/UPB_Plugin.pdf

Comment

Working...
          X