Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

GH not reponding to "Tell" after firmware update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GH not reponding to "Tell" after firmware update

Before the latest (and greatest) firmware update (85114) I could tell Google Home to "Tell Harmony to turn on TV" and it would. The same with HomeSeer. I could use "Tell" now only responds to "Ask".

Now when I use "Tell" she respond with "Sorry I don't know how to help with that."

I was looking back on some online information and Ask/Tell was used interchangeable.

The problem is we all leaned to use Ask/Tell and most of the family used Tell so we have yet another learning curve.

I feel sure it was and over sight of the Google Engineers...

Re: GH not reponding to "Tell" after firmware update

jimbrandon,

Right about the time I started realizing the differences between how GH responds when using either ask or tell I noticed it stopped responding as well.
    {"Ok, Google ask HomeSeer to turn on the desk lamp." I get "That command was not found on the device". It will accept "Ok, Google ask HomeSeer to turn the desk lamp on." However, if I say, "Ok, Google tell HomeSeer to turn on the lamp." It accepts it.}
    It also happened close to when they released Multi-user access. If I remember correctly a few hours after I turned multi-user on it stopped accepting the "tell" command.

You mentioned the firmware 85114 - I also confirmed I am on that firmware. I tried searching for some type of release notes - couldn't come up with any - have you run across any release notes for GH Firmware?

Comment

Well, GH this morning is responding to Tell...

Comment

Working...
      X