Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

New addition to Google Assistant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New addition to Google Assistant

There is now a way to shorten the verbiage needed to get HomeSeer to do something with GH.

Before it was "tell HomeSeer <action>" now you can create a shortcut using just a single word or short phrase such as "Hey Google, turn on computer" instead of "Hey Google, tell HomeSeer to turn on computer"..

Works with Harmony and I am sure many others as well...

Great step in the right direction.

Originally posted by jimbrandon View Post
    There is now a way to shorten the verbiage needed to get HomeSeer to do something with GH.

Before it was "tell HomeSeer <action>" now you can create a shortcut using just a single word or short phrase such as "Hey Google, turn on computer" instead of "Hey Google, tell HomeSeer to turn on computer"..

Works with Harmony and I am sure many others as well...

Great step in the right direction.
    Thanks for bringing this up JimBrandon! I just gave it a try and it works really well. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to do this, so to help others out (I use the iPhone app):

Go to Google Home app, press the three lines in the upper left hand corner, select More Settings, Scroll down and select shortcuts, press the + icon to add a short cut. I found it helpful to use the mic button instead of typing it in.

I do look forward to getting the direct integration. I have been watching all of the other home automation services get added - there are currently 31 direct integrations. Some of the new additions are surprising given we are still waiting on HomeSeer's presence. Most of these companies I have never heard of. Can we get an ETA on Homeseer's integration?

Comment

I don't see homeseer under my google assistant Home Control devices...do I need to have a google home device or any Android phone should do? Cuz here in Canada we can't purchase the Google Home mic/speaker thing yet...

Comment

That's very clever of Google. A much better solution than what Echo has. I just wish you could configure home on the web instead of the stupid phone app.
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
        Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
        Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Working...
        X