Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer is now available under Home Control in the Google Home App!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally broken for me. It deleted all of my devices in GH and will not sync anything again. Reducing the number of devices is NOT acceptable to me. Got to be a better way. Erratic behavior. Giving back all kinds of different error messages. Latest error message is "Something went wrong. Try again" and "An error occurred while syncing my test app". I have no idea what "my test app" is.

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post

At first I was having similar issues, it seems the magic number is around 36 devices for me.

Start with a lower # 30 or so devices, make sure it syncs, even if it throws an error go back to your device on the list, it might have showed up. Assign all the appropriate rooms and name. Then start enabling the other devices a couple at a time then issue the command "Sync My HomeSeer"

this has gotten me to 38 devices. That's all I have for now but it seems to do the trick.
      Thanks. I wonder what's different about my setup then... All I have are Fibaro dimmers, Fibaro switches and TKB wall plugs. They all work individually/in small groups with Google Home. But if I try enabling any more than about 10, the accounts never link. I have tried and tried and tried and tried and TRIED. Once linked, I can only sync a small handful more before syncing stops working. Usually, by this point, I have to disable almost all the devices before I can coax sync to work again.

Insanely frustrating.

Comment

Any updates from Google or homeseer? This really is a big issue, I fire up a lot of my events through voice.

Comment

Me too, at least I did so a week ago.
          Now everything is gone ...

Comment

Hi,

I realize this thread is a little old but does anyone have any updates? I had a GH Mini working with HS a while back (before they allowed shortcuts) but I kept using my Amazon Echos because having to say "upstairs, upstairs, master bedroom light" was ridiculous. Now that I heard about shortcuts I tried to start using my Mini again, but only 21 of my 50 or so devices synced to GH. And its crazy. Four bedrooms have the exact same Leviton dimmers in them (the new Z-Wave+ versions), but only 2 or 3 of the rooms sync (I have reset GH and the Mini several times and re-synced with HS, hence the different results; sometimes 2 of 4 sync; sometimes 3 of 4 sync, but at least one never syncs). I have tried turning voice control off; turning voice control on for all devices; turning voice control on for only a subset; but it doesn't help.

I keep hearing people say that GH is far superior to Amazon Echo, but I don't see it. My Echo works every time for all devices; GH hasn't completely worked yet.

Anyone have any other information or suggestions?

Thanks,
            Don

Comment

First thing you want to do is select all of your devices minus the ones you want to use and un-check the voice control check box. During the sync if a device that has statuses other than ON/OFF or DIM is found it terminates the sync. I know you did that but I'd be willing to be you missed one. Google home is far superior and also way safer from a privacy stand point. If all of that doesn't work then you may have to remove the connection and re-connect it but it should work.

One note: There is an issue right now where routines show multiple instances of devices. Google is aware of it and hope to have a fix in the next couple weeks.

I hope this helps you.
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
              Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
              Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Hi

I have some problems with my door lock. I shows up in GH but I can not control it and shows no status if its locked or unlocked. I can control my door directly in Homeseer and also other apps like Imperihome works. No t sure what is wrong. Hope someone can help.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190104-104314.jpg Views:	2 Size:	23.0 KB ID:	1272236Click image for larger version  Name:	door.PNG Views:	1 Size:	77.4 KB ID:	1272235

Comment

Originally posted by ufd108 View Post
                  Hi,

.... having to say "upstairs, upstairs, master bedroom light" was ridiculous....
                  Thanks,
                  Don
                  get your devices back in yet?
                  just wanted to say that I don't have to do that, nor am I understanding about the shortcuts as it all works here..

ive got 2 lights in my kitchen... well bank of 8 cans in kitchen and a light at the kitchen table eating area.
                  I can say... Ok Google, turn off the kitchen lights and both sets turn off
                  or I can say.. Ok Google, turn off the kitchen table lights

and works independently. using zwave ge toggle switches and basement is the same but x10 togglelinc switches. 3 sets.. either hey google, turn off the basement lights (stairs, back, middle and front section) all turn off...
                  HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by kridan View Post
                    Hi

I have some problems with my door lock. I shows up in GH but I can not control it and shows no status if its locked or unlocked. I can control my door directly in Homeseer and also other apps like Imperihome works. No t sure what is wrong. Hope someone can help.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20190104-104314.jpg Views:	2 Size:	23.0 KB ID:	1272236Click image for larger version Name:	door.PNG Views:	1 Size:	77.4 KB ID:	1272235
                    I'm having the same problem with mine. Voice control works, but doesn't work from the GH interface. Not a big deal but now that I have a GH Hub, this would be nice to have.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but has anyone figured out a reliable way to add HS to Google Home? I walk through the process, it asks me to login to myHS, says that it is linking account and goes back to the "Set Up" screen but it never shows up in the list of connected services in GH. I'm running the latest version of HS4.

Comment

Originally posted by muckmuck View Post
                        I know this is an old thread but has anyone figured out a reliable way to add HS to Google Home? I walk through the process, it asks me to login to myHS, says that it is linking account and goes back to the "Set Up" screen but it never shows up in the list of connected services in GH. I'm running the latest version of HS4.
                        You'll need to discuss this in the HS4 thread.
                        iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I got it working by removing voice from everything again (like another thread suggested) and adding voice back to just devices with control (on/off).

Comment

Originally posted by muckmuck View Post
                            Thanks for the advice. I got it working by removing voice from everything again (like another thread suggested) and adding voice back to just devices with control (on/off).
                            You should be able to use more devices than on/off devices. At a minimum, it should be on/off, on/off/dimmable, on/off/dimmable/color, locks, events, thermostats. It is true that many plug-in vendors will turn voice on for devices where it doesn't make sense so you do need to keep an eye on this. You can use Jon00's device viewer to search for devices with the flag turned on. You can just use that one in a while or after adding a new plugin to make sure devices that don't make sense didn't get added without you knowing.
                            - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                            Web Site
                            YouTube Channel

Comment

Are locks working with Google Home? Mine aren't.
                              I have Schlage Zwave deadbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by Demusman View Post
                                Are locks working with Google Home? Mine aren't.
                                I have Schlage Zwave deadbolts.
                                I have Kwikset z-wave. I know for sure that they were syncing to GH. Now, I can't recall if I had a problem. I think that I could do a lock command, but the status wouldn't update. I actually have them removed at the moment because I didn't want support to blame the other issues on those being synced. (It had nothing to do with those)

BTW, Google nerfed locks quite a while ago so that you can only lock and not do an unlock. It might be a good thing but I just wanted to make sure you knew.
                                - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                                Web Site
                                YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                                X