Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Multiple Homes with HomeSeer and Google Home(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Homes with HomeSeer and Google Home(s)

I have two homes (main and vacation). Both have google homes and are fully automated with HomeSeer HS3. Is there a native way to use Google Home voice capabilities with this set up? I use HomeTroller SELs (Unix) in both locations.

Setting up to work with one home is easy. But, I cannot select which one for Google Home to connect to. It just connects to my first home that I set up.

Originally posted by TimSRQ View Post
    I have two homes (main and vacation). Both have google homes and are fully automated with HomeSeer HS3. Is there a native way to use Google Home voice capabilities with this set up? I use HomeTroller SELs (Unix) in both locations.

Setting up to work with one home is easy. But, I cannot select which one for Google Home to connect to. It just connects to my first home that I set up.
    I had the same problem, ended up setting up additional accounts with access only to a specific HS3 instance. Also had to use a separate Google account for each house.

Comment

Good idea. But, unfortunately this approach won't really work for me as I use my Google homes for my assorted Google-related apps (YouTube, music, etc). Part of my objective is to have a lot of similarities for both properties. This way things all with the same. This helps for my wife and well.

Comment

Originally posted by TimSRQ View Post
        Good idea. But, unfortunately this approach won't really work for me as I use my Google homes for my assorted Google-related apps (YouTube, music, etc). Part of my objective is to have a lot of similarities for both properties. This way things all with the same. This helps for my wife and well.
        I should clarify, I still have my main Google account linked to both houses, so all the other things (music, video, etc.) are consistent. It's only that to link the Home Control to house #2 I use a separate Google account.

Comment

Originally posted by HSAccord View Post
          I should clarify, I still have my main Google account linked to both houses, so all the other things (music, video, etc.) are consistent. It's only that to link the Home Control to house #2 I use a separate Google account.

Thanks for clarifying. I'll give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
          X