Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No locks showing up?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No locks showing up?

    I can understand the debate here if it was intentional, but why not let us decide?

  • #2
    What exactly are you asking here? Currently only on/off/dimmable devices are supported natively.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      When you say natively, does that mean there's a way to show door locks on Google home are alternatively?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
        When you say natively, does that mean there's a way to show door locks on Google home are alternatively?
        That means you need to mickey a way if you want it to work as google home doesn't allow door lock devices. There might be more then one way to do this, but I would make a virtual on/off button and name it door lock, then use events or other options to link them together. Now your virtual light switch will show up in google home.

        I still don't think GH will respond to unlock and lock if it's not natively supported commands in GH.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
          That means you need to mickey a way if you want it to work as google home doesn't allow door lock devices. There might be more then one way to do this, but I would make a virtual on/off button and name it door lock, then use events or other options to link them together. Now your virtual light switch will show up in google home.

          I still don't think GH will respond to unlock and lock if it's not natively supported commands in GH.
          I think a virtual switch may do the trick

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
            I think a virtual switch may do the trick
            You good on making a virtual switch? No plugin needed unlike Vera days.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
              You good on making a virtual switch? No plugin needed unlike Vera days.
              I wouldn't say I'm good but I've successfully created a couple specifically for the garage opener and gate opener.


              I think I might be able to do the same thing for the lock except for one Goofy work around. Open close is going to be on and off

              Comment


              • #8
                btw: the gate/garage is easier since it's a one button activity, so I can simply issue "Ok Google, Activate Garage" and it'll do just that.

                The there's a way for us to say Lock/Unlock with it, I'm game.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
                  I wouldn't say I'm good but I've successfully created a couple specifically for the garage opener and gate opener.


                  I think I might be able to do the same thing for the lock except for one Goofy work around. Open close is going to be on and off
                  You should be good.

                  I mean you can chnage that on the homeseer side, but GH side I'm sure you can do anything about it.

                  On the Homeseer side go in the virtual device and click the Status graphics tab, Rename the status to locked and unlocked. You will probley have to leave the control by set to on/off (you chould change it but then it probley won't show up in GH like the orginal lock) On the bottom you can also change images for the locked and unlocked.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                    You should be good.

                    I mean you can chnage that on the homeseer side, but GH side I'm sure you can do anything about it.

                    On the Homeseer side go in the virtual device and click the Status graphics tab, Rename the status to locked and unlocked. You will probley have to leave the control by set to on/off (you chould change it but then it probley won't show up in GH like the orginal lock) On the bottom you can also change images for the locked and unlocked.
                    I actually have control use set as lock/unlock but google home still thing it's an on/off device.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I set up a Shortcut under the More Settings option in the Home App on my phone and now my Home Mini will accept all of the following to open/close the garage door:
                      • "...Open the garage door."
                      • "...close the garage door."
                      • "...open the pod bay door." (because I couldn't resist, Dave)


                      When I had to reload devices, these still held since they just change one bit of text to another bit. They all are shortcuts for "turn on the garage door." The only part that the picky guy in me wishes was different was the response, which is normally "You got it, turning on the garage door."

                      Karl S

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks Karl.
                        This does work actually. Thanks for sharing.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hasn't an Open/Close and/or Lock/Unlock ability been added to Google Home capabilities in conjunction with HomeSeer since I posted that suggestion? See:
                          https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=193485
                          and especially post #9

                          Of course, I am using a Contact Module and have to run an event to Close then Open the contact a second later, so if you are using this method it may not work. I have not had time to try but would probably end up creating a Virtual Device and apply the settings as mentioned in that thread, if possible.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X