Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

GH doesn't understand devices with similar names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GH doesn't understand devices with similar names

Previous when I used Vera and HA Bridge, I just give the device a nick name and never an issue.

IE:
    Living Room Table Lights
    Family Room Tables Lights

In HS I name them simply table lights and assign rooms. Then in Google Assistant, I assign the room and provide a nick name. I've tried both ways, adding the room names to the nickname as well as keep it just the device name of table lights.

If I say anything with table lights, both lights will be triggered.

Not one but any device I have with similar configuration have same results. How do you guys over come this? Or did you simply rename the device in HS?

The way I resolved it was to rename the device to "Table Light" With GH whenever you use plural, is will shut off multiple devices. I have a support issue open with Google on this , and was escalated to their Highest Tier" according to the original support rep I was dealing with. They recognize this issue as a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by mradonis View Post
      The way I resolved it was to rename the device to "Table Light" With GH whenever you use plural, is will shut off multiple devices. I have a support issue open with Google on this , and was escalated to their Highest Tier" according to the original support rep I was dealing with. They recognize this issue as a bug.
      The plural seems to work well and easy fix. Thx for the tip

Comment

Working...
      X