Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Home fails to link to homeseer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Google Home fails to link to homeseer

    I have been using the Alexa integration with HS3 since it first came out. I finally gave up on Amazon support for push notifications and bought a Google Home mini. I want to try Spuds Chromecast integration to make announcements to GH.

    When I go to add HS3 as a device the message in GH is "Couldn't update the setting. Check your connection". I've rebooted the GH and my phone. I tried another android phone and have the same issue ... will not link. I tried the URL directly in chrome and firefox and get the error "Session expired. Authentication required. You will be redirected in 5 seconds ..."

    I verified email and password for myhs.homeseer.com account and I can log into it just fine on the phone. The URL GH is accessing is: https://myhs2.homeseer.com/GoogleSma...Google_Default. This is where I get the "Session expired" error.

    Am I missing something to properly link HS3 to my GH?

    I'm running:
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise - Work Station
    Number of Devices: 420
    Number of Events: 157
    Available Threads: 400
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 1
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender
    License: Registered

    Any help appreciated.

  • #2
    It has been several days so I thought I'd re-try linking to HS3. I opened the Goggle Home app and all of my devices were there.

    I can only assume the HS3 credentials were saved in the app and it re-tried in the background until it connected.

    I have HS devices showing up and I'll continue my GH testing.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have had GH working with HS3 for a couple weeks although haven't really begun taking advantage of the integration. Was ready to begin setting a few things up and needed to update the devices showing in GH due to some new and changed devices in HS3. Per HS instructions the way to do it is unlink and relink your HS account from GH. I unlinked and attempted to relink and now have exactly the same situation described in the first post. I've tried a few times over the past 24 hours without luck. Wonder what the chances are my devices will magically appear in GH after several days as described in the 2nd post?

      In any case something is obviously wrong and I welcome suggestions.
      -Wade

      Comment


      • #4
        Unless someone has a tip I am not aware of I just had to wait.

        I quit using GH for HS3. GH babbles on about turning floor, room, device on/off that my wife said get rid of that! I had to go back to Alex that simply plays a sound and turns the device on/off.

        Comment


        • #5
          I too am now having problems with HS and Google Home. All was working fine for several weeks (albeit agree with cowsr4eating that GH talks too much !) but then I added a new device and, following HS instructions unlinked my HS account. Now it refuses to relink, first of all it says 'Your Homeseer Account is now linked' then it says 'Couldn't update the settings, Check your connection' but nothing happens, it remains unlinked. Spent an hour on the phone yesterday with Google support and still no luck. Now referred to Google senior tech team and waiting for a call back. I'm reluctant to go back to Alexa (for various reasons) but this is frustrating. I'm surprised that no one else on here also seeing this problem?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SteveH View Post
            I too am now having problems with HS and Google Home. All was working fine for several weeks (albeit agree with cowsr4eating that GH talks too much !) but then I added a new device and, following HS instructions unlinked my HS account. Now it refuses to relink, first of all it says 'Your Homeseer Account is now linked' then it says 'Couldn't update the settings, Check your connection' but nothing happens, it remains unlinked. Spent an hour on the phone yesterday with Google support and still no luck. Now referred to Google senior tech team and waiting for a call back. I'm reluctant to go back to Alexa (for various reasons) but this is frustrating.
            Very interested to hear what you learn from Google senior tech team as mine is still not working. Please do post back here.

            Originally posted by SteveH View Post
            I'm surprised that no one else on here also seeing this problem?
            My guess is we'll see more as others have need to unlink/relink, but for many folks adding a device isn't something done all that frequently. That coupled with the noted verbosity frustration limiting GH use altogether.
            -Wade

            Comment


            • #7
              General those to anyone with a GH device not currently part of your HS3 setup. Would appreciate anyone try to link Homeseer to Google Home to see if it works for some, or if the function is completely broken.
              -Wade

              Comment


              • #8
                A hard reset of the Google Home has supposedly fixed this for some in the past.

                Note that once you are connected, if you add a new device or set the voice command on an existing one and want to get it into GH, just use the voice command "OK Google, sync HomeSeer" and it will resync.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ksum View Post
                  A hard reset of the Google Home has supposedly fixed this for some in the past.
                  So this would presumably mean a hard reset of each GH device on my account, correct?


                  Originally posted by ksum View Post
                  Note that once you are connected, if you add a new device or set the voice command on an existing one and want to get it into GH, just use the voice command "OK Google, sync HomeSeer" and it will resync.

                  Good to know. Thanks.
                  -Wade

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

                    So this would presumably mean a hard reset of each GH device on my account, correct?


                    Presumably, yes. I never had to try it but saw it mentioned before in other threads. There is also a possibility, if I remember correctly, that there is a unit that GH doesn't like and this is causing the issue. The method for this was to turn off the voice command for everything but one device and sync that then add a few devices at a time to find the culprit and troubleshoot from there. This is from older threads and has not been mentioned in a while so I didn't think about it at first. It is possible it is still valid. I have 3 minis so I would probably try the second method first.

                    I did have problems associating HS with my GH when the integration was first available but that was resolved in an update and I have not unassociated since the sync command was implemented.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ksum View Post

                      Presumably, yes. I never had to try it but saw it mentioned before in other threads. There is also a possibility, if I remember correctly, that there is a unit that GH doesn't like and this is causing the issue. The method for this was to turn off the voice command for everything but one device and sync that then add a few devices at a time to find the culprit and troubleshoot from there. This is from older threads and has not been mentioned in a while so I didn't think about it at first. It is possible it is still valid. I have 3 minis so I would probably try the second method first.

                      I did have problems associating HS with my GH when the integration was first available but that was resolved in an update and I have not unassociated since the sync command was implemented.
                      Thanks.
                      -Wade

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I have the same issue with not being able to link the Google Assistant to HomeSeer. Starts promising with: Linking your HomeSeer account. Finishes in error: “Couldn’t update the settings. Check your connection.”

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Google tech support are scheduled to call me again today. This is 3rd call and so far they are unable to identify the problem. Have tried various resets, removing Google accounts, removing Google Home app and restarting everything etc and nothing works, the response (from Google Home app) when trying to link the Homeseer account is always 'Couldn't Update the setting. Check your Connection'. Latest effort was to try removing the Zwave device which I had added (and which was the reason why I de-linked the account in the first place) but this has made no difference. So, would suggest that anyone with a working Google Home installation avoid at all costs de-linking the HS account. Will report back on progress with Google.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                            Google tech support are scheduled to call me again today. This is 3rd call and so far they are unable to identify the problem. Have tried various resets, removing Google accounts, removing Google Home app and restarting everything etc and nothing works, the response (from Google Home app) when trying to link the Homeseer account is always 'Couldn't Update the setting. Check your Connection'. Latest effort was to try removing the Zwave device which I had added (and which was the reason why I de-linked the account in the first place) but this has made no difference. So, would suggest that anyone with a working Google Home installation avoid at all costs de-linking the HS account. Will report back on progress with Google.
                            Thanks for the update. Still no luck with mine either. Looking forward to your next update.
                            -Wade

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              just moved my HS3 to another computer and is now running into this same issue. When I tried to sync, it says successful but no device show up. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X