• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Originally posted by jvm View Post

Yes.
    what device? my google home and google mini cant be used for voice. have to use my phone, home app.... grrrrrrrrrrrr

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post

but the ones you did get in... can you get "voice" to work?

Yes.

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied

I'm not sure upgrading will help you.
    I'm on HS 3.0.0.478 (Windows) with beta Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.248 and can get a *few* of my devices to sync (maybe 2 dozen), but not reliably. Right now, it seems that for anybody with more than a small network of devices, the frustration of trying to get it to work far outweighs the benefit.
    but the ones you did get in... can you get "voice" to work?

for me I used to be able to yell out ... hey google... turn off the kitchen lights and it did it... said ok turning 2 lights off... and done..

now it says it is doing it but doesn't...

so then I go to my phone.. same deal... BUT if I launch the home app and click the mic in there... and talk.. that works... its like the home app google voice is different than the normal google voice...

I'm getting ready to count out my switches to get rid of my x10 ones and go all zwave plus, which will also replace some zwave switches.... so 30 switches... and would love voice again...

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    Originally posted by jjwatmyself View Post
    .... I am running in a Docker container at the moment and need to do a couple things prior to upgrading the HS version after which I will try again. Any tips on this issue would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm not sure upgrading will help you.
    I'm on HS 3.0.0.478 (Windows) with beta Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.248 and can get a *few* of my devices to sync (maybe 2 dozen), but not reliably. Right now, it seems that for anybody with more than a small network of devices, the frustration of trying to get it to work far outweighs the benefit.

Leave a comment:

• jjwatmyself
    replied
    I'm on HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.313 (Linux) and having problems. Google Home won't add HomeSeer successfully. Just keeps exiting. Disabled voice on all the devices as well as all but one and it did not help. I am thinking maybe the version of HomeSeer might be an issue seeing that others have recently not had the issue. I am running in a Docker container at the moment and need to do a couple things prior to upgrading the HS version after which I will try again. Any tips on this issue would be appreciated. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    So i disabled voice on all. Removed then readded. It added every device... still can control from home app but not voice

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Sweet.. ill try this soon.....

Leave a comment:

• Otto-mation
    replied
    Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

Yes there is bulk disable. It's in the drop-down menu at top left of the device management page.
    Yep, that's what I did, on a room by room basis, rather than all at once as I wanted to keep certain ones enabled.
    Once you select at least one device, the drop down in the upper left will show, near the bottom of the list - Enable Voice or Disable Voice as needed.

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied

Is there some way to rapidly "bulk disable" - i.e., an automated way to disable voice command for all devices? Or was it actually an "individual" disable - i.e., did you select each device and turn off the "Voice Command" check box from the configuration page? I'm having this problem too and have about a hundred devices to disable.
    Yes there is bulk disable. It's in the drop-down menu at top left of the device management page.

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    Originally posted by Otto-mation View Post
    doing a bulk disable of the voice command setting.
    Is there some way to rapidly "bulk disable" - i.e., an automated way to disable voice command for all devices? Or was it actually an "individual" disable - i.e., did you select each device and turn off the "Voice Command" check box from the configuration page? I'm having this problem too and have about a hundred devices to disable.

Leave a comment:

• Otto-mation
    replied

Wow, I finally got it to re-sync again! I followed your suggestion and went through my extensive list of devices, doing a bulk disable of the voice command setting.
    Then I selectively enabled devices for Voice, re-synced and it worked.

I think the issue in my case (from reading the threads) is that the weather plugin I'm using, creates hundreds of devices and when I checked, they all have voice enabled, even though they're query-only devices (I.e. weather forecast values).
    So disabling all of these likely hugely reduced the amount of devices needed to sync and hence it worked. (fingers crossed it keeps working)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I joined the club tonight. I have been getting the error for a little while "there was an error synchronizing homeseer". I unlinked homeseer and now I cannot link it back up. This is going to suck, I use it constantly. I mean.... whats a light switch?

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Originally posted by twka90 View Post
    A quick update -- it looks like the GH sync might actually succeed after you get an explicit error -- I tried three times today -- first with 5 devices (worked fine), then with 11 (worked fine), and then with 24 (got an error). I then went out for lunch, and when I came back there were 24 devices in the GH app. So I guess GH service issues the sync request, waits for callback for 5 seconds, and then reports an error. If the callback does come at some later point it might succeed and populate devices in GH.
    I have yet had a problem getting all of my devices in to GH.. my problem is I lost the ability to use voice... albeit as I listed above... voice works if I hit the mic buttin IN GH on my cell .. but wont do it if I do ok google outside of GH app and my GH devices say turning lights on or off but don't do it...

Leave a comment:

• twka90
    replied
    A quick update -- it looks like the GH sync might actually succeed after you get an explicit error -- I tried three times today -- first with 5 devices (worked fine), then with 11 (worked fine), and then with 24 (got an error). I then went out for lunch, and when I came back there were 24 devices in the GH app. So I guess GH service issues the sync request, waits for callback for 5 seconds, and then reports an error. If the callback does come at some later point it might succeed and populate devices in GH.

Leave a comment:

• patterrr
    replied
    Today I unlinked and attempted to re-link after adding a new device, and I get an error saying "Cannot link. Check your connection." After reading this thread, I reduced my number of devices with voice enabled to 10. I tried again, got the same error. I then tried a few more times, and then it worked! I then enabled voice commands on a few devices at a time and then told Google Assistant to "Sync Homeseer" (had to type it out) on my phone each time. I only have 17 devices so got there fairly quick. Thanks for the advice from people above to do it this way. I wish HomeSeer would fix this integration soon!! I feel like I've been fighting it since I got my first Google Home last January.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X