Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Home fails to link to homeseer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    As noted in this post, sync appears to be working now. It worked for me as well.
    -Wade

    Comment


    • #92
      We think the device is working properly now, even with a large # of devices, please try the sync and report back if you are having any issues.
      website | buy now | support | youtube

      Comment


      • #93
        Im still in a weird spot.. unlinked.. relinked and now my phone (note8) works.. before not if said ok google but worked if hit home app mic and talked.

        now cell works. Its sitting on counter.. ok google turn on the hallway lights and it works.

        google home still says its doing it but nothing. Any ideas? Probably me.
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

        HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

        Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

        Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by rjh View Post
          We think the device is working properly now, even with a large # of devices, please try the sync and report back if you are having any issues.
          rjh - I can confirm that a large number of Dimmers (about 50) can now be synced without a problem so that's a big improvement.

          Non-dimmable (binary) switches can sync, but it appears that the "Is Light" property is ignored so that, in Google Home Assistant", they don't appear as lights. So that still needs to be addressed.

          Also, regarding the "Is Light" property - please consider adding a way to set the "Is Light" setting for a group of devices (as is done with the "Hide", "Enable Voice", "Disable Voice", etc.).

          Finally - is the "Voice Command" field used with / recognized by Google Home?

          Thanks.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by jvm View Post

            rjhNon-dimmable (binary) switches can sync, but it appears that the "Is Light" property is ignored so that, in Google Home Assistant", they don't appear as lights. So that still needs to be addressed.
            I see the same thing with my binary switches.

            Originally posted by jvm View Post

            rjh
            Finally - is the "Voice Command" field used with / recognized by Google Home?
            The voice command field was respected for all my devices. Did you see other behavior?
            -Wade

            Comment


            • #96
              Mine is still giving the same error, or it gets stuck on the "linking your homeseer account" popup. Is there something I am supposed to update first?

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by cc4005 View Post


                The voice command field was respected for all my devices. Did you see other behavior?
                I was unclear. The lights do respond to Google voice commands. What I meant is that HomeSeer seems to have a field on each device's Configuration tab where you can enter custom voice commands and I'm wondering if that work with Google Home, or if that's just for HomeSeer's own client solution.


                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by jvm View Post

                  I was unclear. The lights do respond to Google voice commands. What I meant is that HomeSeer seems to have a field on each device's Configuration tab where you can enter custom voice commands and I'm wondering if that work with Google Home, or if that's just for HomeSeer's own client solution.
                  Both GH and Alexa respect that field for device names.
                  -Wade

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    The "Is Light" selection for switched should be all set now.
                    Wade

                    sigpic

                    website | products | support | youtube
                    I know nothing...., nothing!!!

                    Comment


                    • This works for devices that were showing up as on/off toggle switches now show as lights, if "Is Light" is checked. However anything that is "dimmable", like my fan controllers or the volume control on my Yamaha receiver still shows as a light. Maybe there is no way around that. I don't know if google has device type for devices that are variably controlled that are not a light. Anyway, moving in the right direction, thanks HomeSeer for working to fix this.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
                        The "Is Light" selection for switched should be all set now.
                        It works now. Thank you very much!

                        Comment


                        • Is anyone else still having syncing issues or is it just me now? I can get my 30 events to sync, then I can add about 8 more devices to that, but if I add anymore it fails.

                          With events I have about 130 devices total to sync.

                          Comment


                          • Put it in a ticket and I will look at it for you.
                            Be sure to allow tech access to your system through myHS.homeseer.com
                            Wade

                            sigpic

                            website | products | support | youtube
                            I know nothing...., nothing!!!

                            Comment


                            • So I went through each device and got 101 synced. There are 4 devices left, these are the ones that caused the sync issue. If I enable voice on any of these, it won't sync. I tried changing their names, their device names, their room, and their voice command but these 4 still can't sync. These do sync fine with alexa.

                              These are all homeseer light switches, I can't seem to find a common theme on why it is specifically these 4. At least 50 of the 101 devices that synced are the same homeseer light switches.

                              Comment


                              • I am running into issues as well .not really sync issue but the reliability staying connected . I often get error message homeseer is not available something along those lines. I'm not going to lie I'm a bit frustrated. I switched from smarthings to homeseer and smarthings was rock solid in Google intergration .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X