Google Home fails to link to homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    Google Home is having issues with keeping the linking from timing out. Try unchecking all of your voice commands and then only check the ones you need that are lights and or thermostats. Then try linking. This has worked around their issues so far.
    Followed your advice, unchecking all of my voice commands and then only check a few, and that worked!

Comment

Google Home is having issues with keeping the linking from timing out. Try unchecking all of your voice commands and then only check the ones you need that are lights and or thermostats. Then try linking. This has worked around their issues so far.
      I was already doing this the first time I successfully linked Google Home with Homeseer. What I am saying now is that:

1) it also doesn't seem to like a lot of devices at once, even if they are only lights and thermostats
      2) devices (lights) that worked previously now seem not to work any more
      3) when trying individually, it seems there are specific (lighting) devices that it no longer likes

Comment

As I stated in an earlier post the only effect that unchecking voice commands on all my devices and then checking just 2 devices is that instead of Google Home telling me that it can't update settings and I should check my connection it now says 'HomeSeer Account Linked' but in reality it is not linked, evidenced not only by the fact that nothing appears on the Google Home home control screen but also if I ask the speaker to "sync HomeSeer devices" 'she' replies that I must first link my HomeSeer Account (well actually half the time 'she' says that and the other half she just says "I don't know how to do that".
        Unless Google can come up with an answer I think its probably time to go back to Alexa (apparently the home shopping company are better at this stuff than Google )

Comment

Gave this a try and still no luck. I have over 60 lights and a few other misc virtual devices that I want voice command for, but I've made sure voice command is unchecked for all others. I guess I could remove voice command from all but a couple lights and see if anything changes, but at this point I'm not going to bother since I'm currently using Alexa for voice control since and would rather not remove that ability.
          -Wade

Comment

I have not heard from Google Tech support so I suspect they are perfectly aware of the deficiencies in their device and can't currently do much about it. I did, finally, manage to get my HomeSeer account linked by resetting the device, leaving it powered off (unplugged) for an hour, disabling voice control on all but 2 of my HS devices and then setting up the GH speaker again. It then successfully linked my account and sync'd the 2 voice control devices. Since then I have tried to add further HS devices by enabling voice control one at a time but when I ask the device to sync them 'she' says " All devices sync'd" but nothing shows up apart from the first two.
            I echo what others have said - this is a very flaky product, poorly executed and even more poorly tested. I'm happy with my HS setup overall but in my view adding products like this to it reflects badly on HomeSeer. For me, Alexa beckons !

Comment

Mine did this and it was a pain to set up the first time. I just removed voice from all my devices and re-added it to my Home and it said successful, but it does not list Homeseeer. I added 1 device and tried to sync and no go....only sync'd my nest.

I am going tor try resyncing now that I have 1 device added to voice control, but this is getting more than frustrating.

Edit: Nope, didn't work. said my account was linked, but doesn't show up in the linked services.

Comment

My system is now working ! In my case the problem seemed to be that I was using the PHLocation plugin and the Sonos plugin. As those who use these plugins know they create a large number of devices. Since I don't use them very much I tried removing both plugins and all the associated devices and- bang- Google Home was immediately able to find my voice enabled devices (currently I have 20 sync'd to it). It may be something within these plugins that GH does not like but my bet would be that it gets confused by the large number of devices and bombs out. Also (and this did not apply to me) HS Support suggested that GH does not like devices with the same name (so, Lamp - Bedroom and Lamp - Lounge might be a problem. So, to summarise (based on my experience and conversations with Google and HS tech support) , I recommend that you:

1. Check how many devices you have and if you have plugins, for example, that generate a large number of devices decide whether or not you can remove them.
                2. Turn off voice control on all remaining devices except 2 or 3 and (probably) go through your devices and ensure the names are all unique.
                3. If you have not yet been able to link you HomeSeer Touch account try a hard reset of GH AND then power it off (unplug it) for 5 minutes and then try and set it up again and link the HS Account. You might have to repeat the HS Link command a few times but hopefully it will eventually link and sync the 2-3 voice enabled devices
                4. I previously got this far but could not then add further devices so step #1 is, apparently, key to being able to activate Voice Control on further devices. Now ask GH to sync them ("Hey Google sync Homeseer") and hopefully all should be well.

Hopefully this helps someone.

Comment

I just wanted to post in here as well. New to Homeseer. I was migrating everything over from Smartthings. I had about 12 devices added with about another 10 to go and finally decided to go ahead and add Homeseer into the Google Home app. It appeared to have added successfully the first time into the list of Linked Services in the Google Home app.... So I tested a few devices and it worked fine. As the day went along, I kept adding in my other Z-wave devices so now I have roughly 20 physical devices. (on the Devices tab its probably close to 100 with every single device creating anywhere from 1 to 5 entries). Anyways, as I was relaxing tonight I decided to go back into the Google Home app to start assigning rooms and aliases to find out that it hadn't pulled in all of the new devices and changes I had made today. At first I had a hell of a time removing the service and old device list but finally got it to disappear. Now I can't get it to add back into Google Home. Much like everyone else here, it will spin like it is going to add it and then I get the same generic connection error as everyone else. Tried it on Wifi on the same network as HS3 and on 4G LTE. Doesn't seem to matter. I can login to myhs.homeseer.com without issues... not really sure what to do here but I do know I was banking on being able to use my Google Home to control lights etc and as of now, I cannot. Hoping someone here comes up with a solution.

Comment

chiming in on this as well. the google home integration is garbage. Only way I can get devices to add is to disable voice on all but ~30 devices. Even then, the google app reports back failure but does add all of them in. Problem is I want to control ~75 devices, not 30....

Comment

I am having the same problem too. No matter what I try I can only get some of my devices to sync. It is always the same ones that won't. Do we have any indication whose problem it is? Homeseer or google?

Comment

Originally posted by Dweber85rc View Post
                        I am having the same problem too. No matter what I try I can only get some of my devices to sync. It is always the same ones that won't. Do we have any indication whose problem it is? Homeseer or google?
                        Probably Google because Alexa works just fine.

Comment

I've just tested again and it seems things are back to normal. Removing a device from HS or unchecking the "voice command" in the device does remove it from Google Assistant, similarly new devices are added normally.

I've just tested this on multiple devices both adding and deleting. All you need to do is issue the command "Sync HomeSeer" to your Google Home. Hopefully this will help someone.

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
                            I've just tested again and it seems things are back to normal. Removing a device from HS or unchecking the "voice command" in the device does remove it from Google Assistant, similarly new devices are added normally.

I've just tested this on multiple devices both adding and deleting. All you need to do is issue the command "Sync HomeSeer" to your Google Home. Hopefully this will help someone.
                            How many devices do you have?

Comment

All - reporting back in. I would have to agree with everyone here that there appears to be some limitation on what integration with Google Home will handle as are as number of devices. Not realizing that, by default, the Voice Command checkbox is checked for every new device I'd been adding throughout the day, I eventually made the synchronization of devices unmanageable by Google Home. I had over 100 or so individual device items in my list. Fortunately, I really only intend to use voice control with 20 or less physical devices. So long as I remember to untick the Voice Control box when adding devices going forward, I should be fine.

I had to do what others here had done... complete reset my Google Home, and 3 Google Mini's. Uninstalled Google Home from my smart phone. Went into HS3 and did a mass edit removing Voice. Then I just added voice on 1 device as a test. Added Google Home back to my smartphone and then added my Google Home Speaker back in the app. Then this allowed "Home Control" as an option again, where I was able to successfully had HomeSeer as a service for home control without errors. I'll slowly add devices for Voice Command and sync periodically and try to get a handle on when it becomes unstable. I'm really hoping this gets fixed in the future as I am heavily invested in the Google ecosystem with the 4 Home devices and 12-15 Chromecast devices. I'll be following the thread as things develop.

Comment

Originally posted by jon102034050 View Post

How many devices do you have?
                                34 HS3 devices

Comment

Working...
                                X