No announcement yet.

Google Home fails to link to homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have disable voice coomand for all my device execpte 4 device. But are not able to link HS to GH. I do get an messeage say account linked but it does not show up i GH

Comment

I've never had an issue linking and unlinking HS from GH, yet for some reason all the sudden since yesterday it has not been working. I highly doubt that suddenly there is an issue with my HS setup...all I did was add another virtual switch as I have many times before.

I get the HS login page
      I get the "Linking your HomeSeer account" page
      Then it drops me back at the Set up "New Devices" or "Works with Google" page.

Really wish Homeseer would investigate this because after 8 pages of this issue, it's clear there is a problem that needs rectifying.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite View Post
        I've never had an issue linking and unlinking HS from GH, yet for some reason all the sudden since yesterday it has not been working. I highly doubt that suddenly there is an issue with my HS setup...all I did was add another virtual switch as I have many times before.

I get the HS login page
        I get the "Linking your HomeSeer account" page
        Then it drops me back at the Set up "New Devices" or "Works with Google" page.

Really wish Homeseer would investigate this because after 8 pages of this issue, it's clear there is a problem that needs rectifying.
        you say not working.. what isn't?

if you have seen my posts.. linking has worked for me.. but I had "voice issues" where my mini and home cant control devices... cell phone (note 8) could do voice only if I clicked the mic from the home app... but ok google seemed to bring up a different app... but now on my cell.. it all works great...
        BUT the mini/home still don't work for controlling...

if I want to do voice to control.. I have to whisper into my phone so home don't pick up and not control lights...
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

The basic issue of "Google Home can't sync more than a dozen devices from HS" appears to have been fixed. I just enabled voice control on 20 more devices and was able to sync them successfully. I am running HS3 3.0.0.478

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post

you say not working.. what isn't?

if you have seen my posts.. linking has worked for me.. but I had "voice issues" where my mini and home cant control devices... cell phone (note 8) could do voice only if I clicked the mic from the home app... but ok google seemed to bring up a different app... but now on my cell.. it all works great...
            BUT the mini/home still don't work for controlling...

if I want to do voice to control.. I have to whisper into my phone so home don't pick up and not control lights...
            Hi TeleFragger. Sorry if I wasn't clear, I thought the steps I included with accurately allude the where the failure resides. I cannot link my HS to GH anymore. I unlinked in order to relink HS to GH with one new device and now it will not link.

As mentioned:

1- Open GH and Add Device (HomeSeer)
            2- I go to the HS login page and log in
            3- I get the "Linking your HomeSeer account" page and it attempts to connect
            4- Then the page refreshes and takes me to the Set up "New Devices" or "Works with Google" page again (step 1). I check and Homeseer is not synched with GH

EDIT: Turns out I had an outstanding update from HS. Post update I was able to re-link. Not sure if that suggestion might help anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite View Post
              I unlinked in order to relink HS to GH with one new device and now it will not link.
              Why did you unlink/relink instead of just telling Google home to "sync homeseer"?

Comment

Originally posted by baudi View Post
                Why did you unlink/relink instead of just telling Google home to "sync homeseer"?
                I didn't know we can do this. I have always unlinked and removed.. then added homeseer back. how do you just sync?

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                  I didn't know we can do this. I have always unlinked and removed.. then added homeseer back. how do you just sync?
                  "hey google, sync homeseer"

Comment

I seem to be managing fine with 25 devices, running on a rp3. I can update via "sync homseer" and instant response to commands . The issue is when my wife also connects homeseer to her phone that all hell breaks loose. Non responsive to commands, the devices dissappeared on my phone but were on hers. So, se is stuck using the mini if she wants to do anything directly with HS. Maybe because of same log in credentials?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by baudi View Post

"hey google, sync homeseer"
                      Totally broke my setup. Originally my google home would say.. ok turning the hallway light on. Now it says.. sorry i dont know how to help you with that...

so if i whisper into my note 8 everything works.. maybe account for google home? Thinkin reset it to factory...

Comment

Originally posted by twka90 View Post
                        The basic issue of "Google Home can't sync more than a dozen devices from HS" appears to have been fixed. I just enabled voice control on 20 more devices and was able to sync them successfully. I am running HS3 3.0.0.478
                        Same here. The issue was caused by a timeout on Google part. It seems that they took care of it. Keep your fingers crossed.

Comment

Im up and running even with google home and mini voice...
                          weird...

Comment

Has there been any updates to Google home or HS3? I had Google home linked to my homeseer account and just recently it was unlinked to Google? I can't link the two accounts any more?

Any issues lately, updates. No changes recently to my system, that haven't been working with Google for at least 2weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by twka90 View Post
                              Also works for me now. I have over 40 devices and many links, running 3.0.0.435. I now have direct voice control

Comment

"Hey Google, Sync Homeseer" has now been working pretty well for me recently. I've added several switches over the last week and each time I've asked it to, it has synced up perfectly and quicker than it used to before.

If the Homeseer guys managed to put some pressure on the Googles to get this fixed, good for them! In any case, glad to see this finally seems to be working reliably again.

Comment

Working...
                                X