Google Home fails to link to homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panamon View Post
    "Hey Google, Sync Homeseer" has now been working pretty well for me recently. I've added several switches over the last week and each time I've asked it to, it has synced up perfectly and quicker than it used to before.

If the Homeseer guys managed to put some pressure on the Googles to get this fixed, good for them! In any case, glad to see this finally seems to be working reliably again.

I can also confirm that my syncing seems much better now. 36 devices and counting

Comment

Now for Google to add the ability to change the response. I dont need Google to repeat my command in loud, excruciating detail

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ZRadiooo View Post
        Now for Google to add the ability to change the response. I dont need Google to repeat my command in loud, excruciating detail

amen
        -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by ZRadiooo View Post

https://support.google.com/googlehom...DAndroid&hl=en

Follow the instructions in the above link and pray to Google day in day out like a ritual, eventually Google will hear you.

Comment

Anything special you all did to get GH working with ALL your devices? I have tried everything I can think of (including reset GH to factory settings a couple of times) and I still can only get 24 out of my 84 devices to sync with GH.

Comment

ufd108,

Make sure your devices have the Voice Command box checked in the devices Configuration screen and are device types that do synchronize. Also, be sure room/names are unique as well as the text in the Voice Command field if you added something here. I believe the names can be the same if this text is different.

Valid devices are on/off and dimming units, but not necessarily sensors. For instance, I have not tried, nor do I expect my multi-sensor (motion, temperature, humidity, light level) to work. I may be wrong on this, though, as I have not tried.

Karl
              Karl S
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              1070 Devices
              56 Z-Wave Nodes
              104 Events
              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
              Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Cant get GH to add any of my HS devices ? Go to add devices in GH app on my droid phone, find add HS, enter MyHomseer account log in info in the browser says it is linking to my HS account then nothing ??? No devices show up, what am I doin wrong, Thanks.

Comment

I was having the same problem a few weeks ago. I got around the problem by turning off voice control in bulk for all devices and then connecting via google home again. I was then able to turn on voice control on a few devices and use the command resync homeseer to find those devices. Over the last couple of weeks my devices have dropped out of google home again and I can't seem to get them back in. I haven't actually tried to remove and reestablish the connection between homeseer and google home after the difficulty I had a few weeks ago though.

Comment

I'm having no problems still. All devices which have the Voice Command box checked in their configuration screen are syncing when I use the phrase "OK Google, sync HomeSeer.". The key party many miss is having the Voice Commands box checked for each device.
                    Karl S
                    HS4Pro on Windows 10
                    1070 Devices
                    56 Z-Wave Nodes
                    104 Events

Comment

Back to completely not working for me again. After not being able to resync after losing all devices. I was presented with a message to unlink the account and setup again. Unfortunately that is failing even after I disabled all voice control on all devices since that is what seemed to get things working last time.

Comment

I'm not able to link my homeseer to Google home at all now.
                        Had issues with some devices not showing up, tried a couple of hey Google, sync devices without luck.
                        Tried to unlink, and now I can't connect.

Should think that a software which is quite pricey would work better...

Comment

Originally posted by ruant View Post
                          I'm not able to link my homeseer to Google home at all now.
                          Had issues with some devices not showing up, tried a couple of hey Google, sync devices without luck.
                          Tried to unlink, and now I can't connect.

Should think that a software which is quite pricey would work better...
                          Not having issues as late as this morning (added a new switch). Not sure if typo but the command is "sync homeseer". Do you have a large network?

Comment

It finally worked, after trying to relink about 40 times.
                            But still missing devices (of same types that does show up) so not sure how I'm gonna solve that.
                            They're set up exactly the same in Homeseer.

Is there a 10 device limit?

Comment

I have many more than 10 devices. Do the missing ones have the Voice Command box checked in their Configuration screen?
                              Last edited by ksum; January 8, 2019, 07:34 AM. Reason: Fixed typo
                              Karl S
                              HS4Pro on Windows 10
                              1070 Devices
                              56 Z-Wave Nodes
                              104 Events

Comment

All the devices I want to show up in Google home has Voice enabled.
                                But still not showing up.
                                The funny thing is that it has worked, but has stopped by it self ..

Comment

Working...
                                X