No announcement yet.

Google Home fails to link to homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having the same issue.. mine has been working for months now and all of a sudden stopped. I unlinked it in google home app. and now it won't link again. Frustrating to say the least... anyone have any more things to try?

Thanks!

Comment

i guess all i had to do was post in here.. it seems to all work now with no intervention from me.yay!

Comment

Haha, good for you.

I got good news to share as well.
        I added a new device, that mimiced the one i was missing. And not both showed up.
        (It's a Nexa ON/OFF switch, so i just created a new device with the same connection code)

Hopefully it'll continue working for now.

Comment

Ended up doing a complete reinstall without restoring anything except the import of z-wave nodes from the controller. After setting things up again I was able to discover everything I've thrown at it. Would have been nice to know what caused the problem but I couldn't wait any longer for support to come back to me. Hope no one else has to go through this drama as it's a lot of work and I've only done the basics.

Comment

I too have experienced this situation, albiet not to the extreme that some of you have experienced. All seems fine at this point. It appears to me ( for my situation ) that there is sometimes a lag with trying to sync devices, as sometimes common with cloud communications. For me synced, left alone and magically devices appeared.(resynced). No idea if this is actually what is happening or not. but has even happned this way with "events" syncing to google as well.

Comment

I had the issue of Google Home not linking to my HS3 back in March 2018, but then I finally got it working and it has been fine ever since - I have a dozen or so devices that I can control by voice. Yesterday, I wanted to add some new devices and so did an unlink - and now I unable to relink my GH to HS3 (despite getting the message that accounts are linked). I have tried several times, have disabled voice control on all devices - still no luck. What makes it all the more galling is that I noticed that Arlo is available to link. I have just installed a few Arlo cameras, so I gave that a try - and the system linked perfectly.......which does seem to indicate to me that this is a HS problem.

Comment

One important and useful thing I learnt reading through these threads when I was having problems was the "Ok google, resync homeseer" command. I won't be in a hurry to disconnect and reconnect again as that has caused much angst. Using the above command can save a lot of time. Note. When I was having trouble (before factory resetting everything) I did lose the ability to resync and was eventually told to unlink homeseer, I was never able to connect it again despite removing voice control from everything. I also lost all Amazon Alexa discovery so believe the problem is with Homeseer.

Comment

Not working here. Was getting Google cannot see homeseer. Did a relink and won't link back up. Please fix this.

Comment

I'm working here...since I got it back running... I do the ok google, resync homeseer... and just give it many hours.. and it goes..

for those that wont relink.. I had that problem too but I was in a weird issue..

due to a game I play on my cell, I have like 8 profiles. I had to make sure to choose the correct one for google home... then had to bring it all in that way. I did the link to homeseer and disregarded any messages it gave and I just let it sit for a day.. didn't fudge with it and it all came in.
                    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Telefragger, that has pretty much been my experience. I linked Homeseer. Told me the same. Then told google to sync. Said it did. no results. Left it alone and "attempted" to forget about it. Magically many hours later ( I cant remember if it was overnight or not) it was all working, linked and all devices showing up in Google. I had previously mass deactivated all voice options. Then selected the ones I wanted individually. Now, if i change anything, I just "ok google, resync Homeseer". Sometimes it seems to be right away, sometimes it is delayed. But all working perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Meapilot View Post
                        Telefragger, that has pretty much been my experience. I linked Homeseer. Told me the same. Then told google to sync. Said it did. no results. Left it alone and "attempted" to forget about it. Magically many hours later ( I cant remember if it was overnight or not) it was all working, linked and all devices showing up in Google. I had previously mass deactivated all voice options. Then selected the ones I wanted individually. Now, if i change anything, I just "ok google, resync Homeseer". Sometimes it seems to be right away, sometimes it is delayed. But all working perfectly.

I do still have a problem but its minor. I have 2 "Home" sections in my GH app... one has all my devices and the other has none.. but with voice, I do not use the GH app...

next up is to get "Aunt Fanny and Rodney Copperbottom" (roomba's) in.. just got them last night so haven't ventured on any of this yet.. hah

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

On google home app.. not hs related.. i got my roomba in and voice going. Ive gotta get blades roomba working. Just no time right now...

Comment

I did have 2 homes at one point. IIRC, I think I deleted one home. May have deleted both and started over though. I am not for certain which I did that actually worked, but I am thinking just deleting one Home did the trick........

Comment

Originally posted by Meapilot View Post
                              I did have 2 homes at one point. IIRC, I think I deleted one home. May have deleted both and started over though. I am not for certain which I did that actually worked, but I am thinking just deleting one Home did the trick........
                              Im afraid to touch it...

Comment

I had an online chat with Google Home support, and they seemed to think there could be a bug on my side, but also suggested that perhaps deleting and recreating my MyHS account might help. So I contacted HS support to ask for this. They were sceptical that this would help, but instead after getting me to try a couple of things, they saw that I was running an oldish version of HS3. They suggested I upgrade to the latest version (I normally have that disabled in setup) - and hey presto - I was immediately able to link my HS devices to Google Home - so many thanks to Matt in support!

Comment

Working...
                                X