No announcement yet.

Google Home fails to link to homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a multi user Google Home HS3-Pro system. You need to pay for the Premium MyHS Account to allow more than 1 Google User to access the MyHS2 system.

Both accounts were having the same problem with linking to the MyHS account. What I found through extensive testing is that if you link Google Home with more than 156 - 160 HS voice events/devices, there appears to be a communication timeout and the "couldn't update the settings - check the connection" message is generated.

After experimenting, I am locked out on 1 account but the other works fine. Both accounts can be accessed using HS Mobile or Web.

Any ideas ??

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Lio View Post
      I had an online chat with Google Home support, and they seemed to think there could be a bug on my side, but also suggested that perhaps deleting and recreating my MyHS account might help. So I contacted HS support to ask for this. They were sceptical that this would help, but instead after getting me to try a couple of things, they saw that I was running an oldish version of HS3. They suggested I upgrade to the latest version (I normally have that disabled in setup) - and hey presto - I was immediately able to link my HS devices to Google Home - so many thanks to Matt in support!
      Hi Lio,

Which version of HS3 are you using now?

Thanks.

Comment

Have pretty much given up on Google Home with HomeSeer. Have been using it for a year and, for me, it remains much less accurate in use than was Alexa when I last used that 12 months ago. Hopefully Amazon have polished up Alexa some in the last 12 months so plan to go back to that and see. Google support have also been useless - they soon lose interest if re-set, reboot doesn't fix things and seem to have little understanding of Home Seer for example. Final straw for me was last night when my Google speaker began mumbling to itself (it happens several times a week) and when I said "Hey Google shut up" she replied "Ok, turning off Lounge lights" and turned them off ! Perhaps it was revenge for my rudeness !
        For those still having problems but, nevertheless, still want to stick with Google you will find that there is a limit to how many HS devices she will sync so you need to disable 'voice control' on all your devices and slowly add them back a few at a time (not sure what the maximum is but its a lot less than Alexa) and "Hey Google, sync HomeSeer" usually initiates a re-sync.
        Good luck.

Comment

Almost a year since I started this post and here is my update. I started looking at Google Home as an alternative to Alexa for the ability to push voice notifications to the Google home. The intent was to have one "voice" so it appears "Google" was always talking to me. Sadly I could never get the Google Home to be reliable or have the same functionality as Alexa. I ended up buying the Ivona voice, "Salli", installing on my HS3 server, and pushing voice messages to my HStouch clients ... that are connected via Bluetooth to my alex devices. 1) It is not the same voice as Alex or Google, but close enough. 2) the messages do not play at the same time and is a little annoying to hear the echo as the message is played asynchronously, so I limit the number of HStouch clients I push announcements to.

I finally went all in on "alexa" with an amazon spot when they had a deal for Black Friday. It has replaced my alarm clock/bedside clock and lets me voice control all things HS3 ... which is basically everything.

Hope this helps for those looking at Alexa vs. Google Home, or simply having issues with Google Home. As a die hard Android fan I wanted to feel the Google love, but it was not there for me.

Comment

well I have a google home in the kitchen, mini in basement, master bedroom and sons room and it has been working great for me. I have had zero issues of lately but I do not have the amount of items (156+?) in my setup as many of you do so maybe that is why?
            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Google is also continuing to work great for me as well. I do not have the surplus of devices that I want connected as some of you having trouble might. I did however have to sync a few times ( cant remember how many) when adding the "Events" that I wanted to use. Each time I have resynced, there is a delay in updating, adding, deleting some events and devices. Usually within 24 hours or so, everything is settled down. Just my experinece so far.

Comment

mine has been functioning great. love it and issues seem to be gone. I did have some lag but tolerable.

I was having issues with my wifi router as I did a FW update and things going slow... so I factory reset it. That got me hosed on googles.. they couldn't connect.

with that, I was checking some things out and realized, I had 2 houses setup on different accounts.

so I went in and deleted everything. unlinked both rumbas, google home, 3 google minis, homeseer and got it all cleared.

I then used a new email address and set it all back up. got both rumbas back in, all googles back in, homeseer connected ( and I wasn't home when I did it.. I did it from MMA ).

EVERYTHING WENT FIRST TRY.. and at first, when I got the first Google Home in... I said.. OK Google, turn on the kitchen lights... it said, sorry I don't know how to do that yet. so I thought of doing a hey google, sync homeseer.. but decided not too do it... I just let it sit.

I then said.. in google home app, I never really assigned everything to rooms. I then went in and assigned everything to rooms and wife wanted a drink. I went downstairs and without thinking.. said.. OK Google, turn on the kitchen lights, to which it replied....

OK turning on 2 lights.... and boom worked...
                HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
                X