No announcement yet.

"An error occurred while syncing HomeSeer"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have done A LOT of Google apps script programming and often have calls take longer than 5 seconds. If they are expecting responses of 5 seconds or he's they need to think again. Too many supposed smart home items rely on internet calls.

We need to be banging on Google's support door as well. I still think it is on their end.
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

I agree with you that a lot of calls can take longer time than 5 seconds, but a query that should return just 28 devices should IMHO not take 5 seconds.

For user experiences sake I think both Google and HomeSeer need to fix this, not only Google.

Comment

I dont have issues syncing hue or smartthings with google, both have about 100 devices each. The 5 seconds seems to be fine there.

Comment

Originally posted by djsaad1 View Post
          I dont have issues syncing hue or smartthings with google, both have about 100 devices each. The 5 seconds seems to be fine there.
          Exactly my point, the timeout issue is not primarily with Google. Since HomeSeer's integration with Google Home used to work flawlessly some time before August, it is probably related to the increase in the number of users connecting HomeSeer to Google. With so many users connected the response times are always exceeding 5 seconds with the amount of voice control devices most users want to have, probably due to HomeSeer server load or not enough optimised database queries.

In my opinion it is only going to get worse over time. What if Google raises the timeout to 10 seconds now, and we all start loading up with tons of more voice control, and then the queries from Google to HomeSeer start timing out again? Should they raise it to 20 seconds? 30 seconds? 2 minutes? And what if this also affects single queries to turn on/off a single device, then in the end we could have a worst case of 5 seconds delay between turning on/off a switch/light/foo in a room when asking Google Assistant. Even today there is a significant delay between every "action" in a room that in the beginning did not exist from what I can remember. Google Routines is also acting weird (turning on/off lights is working, but the Google Assistant is responding that it could not reach devices), which is also probably due to the timeout issue.

I think it would be very bad from a user experience perspective to increase the timeout, and I also believe that Google has probably chosen the 5 second limit for that reason.

Comment

Any fix expected for this? It's getting very, very frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by getmp3s View Post
              mine still pauses for 30 seconds and then says failed to sync with HomeSeer"...
              Yep, I'm getting that as well now for the last couple days - I replaced two X-1o devices with Z-wave ones and wanted to update Google Home. No such luck.

Also, seems that Google has updated their Android menus/offering making it next to impossible to find out where that Link/Unlink option is even found anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Otto-mation View Post
                seems that Google has updated their Android menus/offering making it next to impossible to find out where that Link/Unlink option is even found anymore.
                omg i spent an hour trying to find this and finally gave up! lol.... FYI, i had an online chat with Google Support yesterday where they informed me that the home automation sync timeout issue which is affecting Homeseer is affecting many other home automation systems as well and is a widespread known issue with Google at the moment. I had originally thought the issue was specific to us Homeseer users, but apparently we are not alone. Thats the good news, the bad news is that Google has a reputation of not fixing things quickly, they are more likely to add about a million new features we dont need before they circle back and fix the one thing we do need - to be able to sync again. Back to good news - its a first world problem ;-)

Comment

omg i spent an hour trying to find this and finally gave up! lol.... FYI, i had an online chat with Google Support yesterday where they informed me that the home automation sync timeout issue which is affecting Homeseer is affecting many other home automation systems as well and is a widespread known issue with Google at the moment. I had originally thought the issue was specific to us Homeseer users, but apparently we are not alone. Thats the good news, the bad news is that Google has a reputation of not fixing things quickly, they are more likely to add about a million new features we dont need before they circle back and fix the one thing we do need - to be able to sync again. Back to good news - its a first world problem ;-)
                  I'm thrilled to learn that it affects more than just us HS3 users... maybe Google will actually fix it someday instead of just saying "it's an HS3 problem".

Comment

I appreciate the additional info. It's somewhat comforting to know that it's a bigger problem.

Comment

I am wondering if there are any work-arounds that have been successful of late. I am primarily doing control through google home now and this has been an issues for me for weeks/months.

Has anyone lately been able to clear voice control and slowly add back successfully?

Has any tried actually re-linking their account?

I don't want to waste my time or make this situation worse if neither of these work.

- Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                      Web Site
                      YouTube Channel

Comment

I've had success unlinking and relinking HS3. It seems that mine stops syncing successfully after about two dozen devices.

Comment

Do you recommend un-linking and re-linking? Mine is working fine except for the two recently added devices that aren't accessible yet via the resync.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. McKay View Post
                            I've had success unlinking and relinking HS3. It seems that mine stops syncing successfully after about two dozen devices.
                            Yes, this does seem to be consistent with my experience. I found that after the re-linking, adding only one or two devices at a time works but not always. So, I just keep trying the re-sync and eventually it will work.

Comment

Also sometimes you get the "failed to sync" error, but the devices still sync asynchronously -- this happened to me couple days ago (I went from 11 devices to 24, asked GH to sync, it reported the error, but when I checked the phone app couple hours later the new devices were there)

Comment

If you currently have more then 25+ HS devices successfully synced and working and your trying to add one or two more devices. My advice would be not to waste your time as it is unlikely you will be able to sync more then this even if trying the brute force methods above and you could make matters worse and get less items synced then you started with. If you have less then 20 devices now then unsync and re sync. Adding couple devices at a time by enabling voice control in HS. Repeat resyncing over and over again until it just stops adding devices and then youve reached your limit .Unfortunately everyone's limit appears to be slightly different. I personally was able to get up to 36 out of my 100+ devices synced and others are saying it stopped mid 20s so i think it gets risky in the mid 20s and whatever you manage to get after that is bonus. 2 month ago i had all 100 devices synced and had i left things alone i probably would still have them. But i renamed a few things and unlinked and re linked and now ever since been stuck at 36 so in my case i made matters worse by un linking. One day google will fix this, i hope to find out first on this forum and then we can all get our home automation systems listening to us again!

Comment

Working...
                                X