Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove a deleted device from Google Home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove a deleted device from Google Home?

Good morning,

My HomeSeer/Google Home integration has been working perfectly fine. Even my non-techie wife enjoys turning lights on and off verbally now. (worth the price of admission!)
    Anyway, as part of my ongoing deprecation of legacy X-10 devices, I recently uninstalled an external X-10 motion/floodlight and replaced it with the new Z-wave one. Works perfectly.

However, the old (now deleted) device still appears in Google Home. How do I do a device refresh in Google Home?
    I tried a "hey Google resync HomeSeer" but that didn't work.
    Hopefully I don't need to do a complete de-couple and then re-couple, re-add nicknames thing all over again?

All feedback and opinions welcome, of course!
    Cheers!
    -steve

Current Date/Time: 9/6/2018 10:55:14 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.435
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.11-v7+ #781 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 21 18:07:59 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 17 Days 3 Hours 37 Minutes 0 Seconds
    Number of Devices: 212
    Number of Events: 226
    Available Threads: 399
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.5: CM15A
    3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.17: EnvCan
    3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

"Hey Google sync my devices" is supposed to work in this situation if the device has already been deleted from HS. But a number of folks, me included, can't get GH to sync with HS at all anymore--as documented in a couple threads here on the forum. If this command won't work then you may be seeing a similar issue. Based on our experiences there's one thing I strongly recommend you DON'T try, and that's unlinking and relinking the Homeseer service in GH. Many have been unable to get it to relink.
    Last edited by Wade; September 6, 2018, 10:37 AM. Reason: typo
    -Wade

Comment

Thanks for your input. I hugely appreciate the warning to not unlink as I had been leaning in that direction this morning.
      I will try another "sync my devices" attempt.

Comment

Here's the thread with most of the related discussion. Link
        -Wade

Comment

It worked/cleared up with the "Hey google sync my devices" just now. Much thanks for all the info, too.

Comment

Glad you got it working. Hopefully Google will take care of the link/sync issue soon so others of us can use it again. Not holding my breath.
            -Wade

Comment

Working...
            X