Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non dimmable light not seen as light (seen as switch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non dimmable light not seen as light (seen as switch)

I have a few z-wave plug-in scokets to turn on or off some lights, they can not be dimmed. They appear as a switch in the home app, so I cant say turn off lights... How can i fix this ?
    Last edited by kriz83; October 11, 2018, 03:40 PM.

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
    I have a few z-wave plug-in scokets to turn on or off some lights, they can not be dimmed. They appear as a switch in the home app, so I cant say turn off lights... How can i fix this ?
    Look in the device details, you need to select “Is Light” for each device that you want to change from a switch to a light device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Thx, but i already have that ....
      even a simple dummy device that i newly created and has the is light property set, shows as a switch

Comment

I have the same problem. Homeseer reports dimmable devices to Google as lights, but non dimmable ones as on/off switches and not lights. Even when the "is light" property is set to yes.

Comment

I'm having the opposite problem. All of my Z-Wave devices (except the door locks) are reporting to Google as lights. The "Is Light" checkbox is clear for those devices that aren't lights. Specifically, I have a ceiling fan (using a HomeSeer fan controller) and a bathroom fan (using a HS-WS200+) reporting as lights.

Comment

I have the same issue as well. Dimmers appears as light, while switches (like the Fibaro Single/Double Switch) appears as a switch and wont turn on/off using light-based commands. «Is light» is checked for each of the devices.
            Last edited by lasseruud; October 28, 2018, 06:22 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

I have the same issue as well. Dimmers appears as light, while switches as switches. Ticking light or dimming has no effect.

Comment

Same problem here.

Comment

Wonder what happens if you set it as dimmable. Shouldn't hurt anything. Just may not turn on.

Edit: come to think of it, HS gets info about the device from the device data stored in the device by the manufacturer. They tend to call these things a switch. Dimmable ones are multilevel, non dimmable are binary.
                  Regards,
                  Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Set it as dimmable has now effect, but going to Status Graphics flip, and changing the controll use to dim, and then syncing it to google home, and it will show up as a light.
                    Homeseer should fix this ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by stvjfp1 View Post
                      Set it as dimmable has now effect, but going to Status Graphics flip, and changing the controll use to dim, and then syncing it to google home, and it will show up as a light.
                      Homeseer should fix this ASAP.
                      This option is disabled for my Fibaro switches :-(

Comment

Strange. Here is what I did on my virtual devices, see attachment. And this hack is working.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ah, thanks, it works! I got it wrong, I was just trying to check the "Is Dimmable" option in basic settings.

Comment

I have the same issue. I use GE z-wave switches. Dimmable ones show up as lights while Toggle on/off switches show up in google as switches. Even though is light is checked in Homeseer. My fan controls also appear as lights. Which poses a problem when I tell google home to turn on the lights in the living room it also turns on the fans. So after that I have to say “Turn off the family room fans”. The “is light” box is cleared for fans.

I also have several Aeon labs smart switch 6 plugs that I cannot get google home to recognize. The Root device will sync with google home, its seen as a light but when you control it from google home it does not work, because its trying to control the root device and not the child switch binary on/off device.

I have 1 aeon labs nano switch gen5 that works as intended. I enable voice control on the Z-Wave Switch Binary child device and google home sees it as a switch and is able to control it. It sees it as a switch like it should.

Comment

Does anyone have any clue how I can make HS-WS200+ switches (and fan controllers) appear in Google Home as switches and not lights? I've unchecked the "is light" box for the appropriate switches.

Comment

Working...
                              X