Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Home won't connect to my HomeSeer account

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Google Home won't connect to my HomeSeer account

    I am attempting to connect HomeSeer to my Google Home account. I select Homeseer under the Manage Accounts section, and enter my ID and password for MyHS account. The app then displays a message that its adding HomeSeer, but after about 15 seconds, a message appears at the bottom stating: Couldn't update the connection, check your settings.

    Any ideas? I've confirmed that I am entering the correct UserID and password....

  • #2
    There are a few posts about this on here. In a nutshell GH does not seem to be able to handle a large number (or maybe even certain) devices. I think that your best option is to untick 'Voice Control' on all your devices and then add them a few at a time until you hit problems. I have it handling about 30 devices but have not tried testing to see just how many it maxes out at.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SteveH View Post
      There are a few posts about this on here. In a nutshell GH does not seem to be able to handle a large number (or maybe even certain) devices. I think that your best option is to untick 'Voice Control' on all your devices and then add them a few at a time until you hit problems. I have it handling about 30 devices but have not tried testing to see just how many it maxes out at.
      Can I ask what devices you have working with it, and what your setup is like?

      I previously had about 30 working ok, but I had to totally reset and rebuild my (zwave) network recently and now I can't get above around 10-12 devices working with Google home. I've spent hours and hours trying different iterations, combinations, methods, all no dice

      Comment


      • #4
        GH Interface is not working for me at all. I had issues with adding new devices and decided to re-link my account. That was a mistake, I am getting this message right now and I am unable to use GH at all. I opened a ticked with support.
        Attached Files

        Comment


        • #5
          I have had large number of devices (200+) synchronized before but I'm getting a response "An error occurred while synching HomeSeer" in the last two days while trying to add more. Fortunately it didn't delete my existing devices as it had happened before. So I'm stuck but hope that HomeSeer will fix the problem soon as they have done in the past.

          Comment


          • #6
            Same here, very annoying. Alexa works fine, home doesnt. I want to move over to home, but this is holding me back. 30 devices? Thats not enough 😁

            Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

            Comment


            • #7
              copied from my response in another thread.... not practical for hundred of devices but if this method works for you and you want it bad enough, you'll eventually have all our devices in GH. .:0

              At first I was having similar issues, it seems the magic number is around 36 devices for me.

              Start with a lower # 30 or so devices, make sure it syncs, even if it throws an error go back to your device on the list, it might have showed up. Assign all the appropriate rooms and name. Then start enabling the other devices a couple at a time then issue the command "Sync My HomeSeer"

              this has gotten me to 38 devices. That's all I have for now but it seems to do the trick.

              Comment


              • #8
                There's currently an issue where Google is timing out the connection after a set period of time so unchecking all devices voice commands that you do not need seems to help. If you can't connect at all you should put in a support ticket on this issue so the developers know how wide spread this issue is.
                support@homeseer.com
                -Rupp
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Totally broken for me. It deleted all of my devices in GH and will not sync anything again. Reducing the number of devices is NOT acceptable to me. Got to be a better way. Erratic behavior. Giving back all kinds of different error messages. Latest error message is "Something went wrong. Try again" and "An error occurred while syncing my test app". I have no idea what "my test app" is.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by risquare View Post
                    Totally broken for me. It deleted all of my devices in GH and will not sync anything again. Reducing the number of devices is NOT acceptable to me. Got to be a better way. Erratic behavior. Giving back all kinds of different error messages. Latest error message is "Something went wrong. Try again" and "An error occurred while syncing my test app". I have no idea what "my test app" is.
                    Just for test... can you disable ALL voice devices and try to sync and see if you still get the "Something went wrong" error.

                    For me, after 36 devices, I start getting that error. from 37+ device I was getting that error, I kept on asking it to sync homeseer and it eventually did it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Can I check, what does everyone mean when they report managing to get this working after "keeping on asking" -- how many times?

                      I must have tried syncs in hundreds of different combinations, and tried at least several hundred syncs. For instance, I will get to the "maximum" (a number which seems to vary for me but is never more than around 15 devices), then enable a new device and try to get Google to sync the account by asking it probably 100 times over two days or so, with rebooting the Homeseer, leaving things a while and coming back to them, asking from different Google Home devices, etc etc and it never works once it has stopped/hit a maximum.

                      Am I just not trying enough and I need to "keep on"? DIfficult to imagine but worth checking. I feel like billing Homeseer for my time tbh -- it's their job to get this working or not advertise that it works, this is the product that I am paying them for.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by bazyr View Post
                        I feel like billing Homeseer for my time tbh -- it's their job to get this working or not advertise that it works, this is the product that I am paying them for.
                        Exactly. This is the way I feel as well. HomeSeer pls do your job. It has been a week of frustration for me. I have better things to do with my life than testing GH-HomeSeer integration.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I am seeing the same thing. I went thru and pruned my devices as well, still wont connect.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X