Thermostats in Google Home are not correct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostats in Google Home are not correct

I have three Insteon thermostats linked in HS. I also have google homes throughout the house.

The Setpoints and current temperature do not match between Google and HS. HS does show correct.

Example. Right now, my thermostat says its HSP is 69 and current temp is 74. HS shows the exact same. But if I ask google (or look at it in the google home app) it says its 73 degrees and the HSP is 70. If I set the HSP from google home, then it is correct everywhere until it is changed from HS or manually.

The other thing I see is if I set it to Heat or Cool from google, then it sets is to Heat Pgrm or Cool Pgrm (respectively) instead of just heat or cool in HS.

Originally posted by chrkov View Post
    The Setpoints and current temperature do not match between Google and HS. HS does show correct.

Example. Right now, my thermostat says its HSP is 69 and current temp is 74. HS shows the exact same. But if I ask google (or look at it in the google home app) it says its 73 degrees and the HSP is 70. If I set the HSP from google home, then it is correct everywhere until it is changed from HS or manually.
    Same here.

Comment

I'm guessing its a Fahrenheit -> Celsius -> Fahrenheit conversion and rounding error somewhere along the line (assuming Google internally handles temperature data as Celsius).

Comment

This is still not working in the new version.

Comment

It would be great if the devs would chime in on this...

Comment

Working...
          X