Events in Google Home App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events in Google Home App

Does anyone have their events listed in the google home app on your phone? I have 30 events synced but they don't show up in the home app. I can see them if go through the google assistant app, but they are not clickable like they are on Alexa.

It isn't a huge deal, since I trigger these by voice. But I was thinking of getting a google home hub, if events don't show up on it, it becomes less desirable.

They don't show up here either, but think it used to, featur og error Homeseer?

Comment

Events that are "voice enabled" do show on my GH app. However I can't execute them from GH by voice command.

Comment

You need to check the 'Voice Enabled' property on the event, fill in the voice command and then sync your google home.
        Afterwards you can run the event by saying 'Activate <voice command>'.

I am working on a plugin that allows you to define (multiple) keywords for triggering events or scripts.
        With it you could:
        - trigger an event/script if any of a range of words were in the text
        - trigger an event/script if the text matches a string, ...

E.g. You can activate the goodnight event by saying 'go to bed', 'nighttime', 'good night', ...
        The current HS implementation only allows for 1 voice command per event.

Expect a beta somewhere this month.

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
          You need to check the 'Voice Enabled' property on the event, fill in the voice command and then sync your google home.
          Afterwards you can run the event by saying 'Activate <voice command>'.
          I was doing all that but the magic word "Activate". It does work when I say "activate". Actually no need to fill in the voice command. You can just use the name of the HS3 event unless you have multiple events with same name.

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post

I am working on a plugin that allows you to define (multiple) keywords for triggering events or scripts.
            With it you could:
            - trigger an event/script if any of a range of words were in the text
            - trigger an event/script if the text matches a string, ...

E.g. You can activate the goodnight event by saying 'go to bed', 'nighttime', 'good night', ...
            The current HS implementation only allows for 1 voice command per event.

Expect a beta somewhere this month.
            Wow, quite ambitious but can easily and quickly become obsolete when GH introduces AI to their product. While Google has quite a bit of AI development in house ( Examples: translator, voice recognition, image recognition) for some reason they haven't done much to add it to GH. However they must do it to stay competitive.

Comment

I will be using one of googles APIS to allow for natural language processing.

I am finishing up the first version, which includes basic string matching (contains, is equal to) and can trigger an event. Hope to publish it tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

Did you publish it yet?

Comment

Working...
                X