Feature Improvement - Google Home - Add to Supported Device Types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Improvement - Google Home - Add to Supported Device Types

Currently, HomeSeer devices appear in Google Home as a light or as a switch. HomeSeer seems to control this based on whether the HomeSeer device is a dimmer or has the "Is Light" option checked, in which case the device appears as a light, otherwise it is a switch.

Google Home, however, appears to support a much broader array of device types. See: https://developers.google.com/actions/smarthome/guides/

I'm assuming we would have better Google Home interaction if Home had a more accurate understanding of what a device is.

My suggestions are:
    1. That (i) the simple "Is Light" checkbox on a HomeSeer device's tab be replaced with a drop-down list (or include a separate drop down list) allowing users to more specifically identify the device type or, in the alternative, (ii) that a "Google Home" and "Alexa" tabs be added to the current array of [Configuration][Advanced][Status Graphics][ZWave] tabs and the user could configure this type of information there.
    2. I'd also like to see a way to set this in bulk (much like you can select numerous devices and then set them all to the same room or floor).

I'm assuming Alexa has some kind of similar listing of types and this would be helpful there too.

Ideally, the device type would also appear in the JSON information you can get from HomeSeer.

Someone from HomeSeer - what are your thoughts? Can this be added?

+1

Comment

+1 This is needed. Crazy as it sounds but I have more control with homeseer / home kit integration with homebridge and I can customize.

Comment

Originally posted by mjolsen View Post
        +1 This is needed. Crazy as it sounds but I have more control with homeseer / home kit integration with homebridge and I can customize.
        Another advantage is if this information was present in HomeSeer and available via the JSON interface, I could update my homebridge plugin (homebridge-homeseer-plugin-2018) so that user's no longer needed to write the configuration file that drives homebridge; rather the information could be obtained directly from HomeSeer.

Comment

Working...
        X