Hey Google, is my closed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Google, is my closed?

we can do something similar with Ecobee by asking for the temp reading of a specific sensor. Can we do this with homeseer as well?

Hi,

It is possible, but not with the default HS implementation.
    You can do it with my plugin which is currently in beta.

Br,
    Kriz

Comment

dannieboiz. I think it depends on how your Thermostats are connected to HomeSeer and how they are connected to Google Home.

In my case, I have Honeywell Thermostats. I connect them to HomeSeer using a Honeywell Plugin called "Honeywell WiFi Thermostat" but I do not enable voice control in HomeSeer so HomeSeer does not provide the connection to Google Home. However, on the Google Home side of the equation, I use a built-in Google Home Honeywell connection to connect to the Thermostats. Thus, both platforms (HomeSeer and Google Home) can "see" the same Thermostats and can both control them and stay in sync via their respective plugins. When I ask Google Home for a thermostat temperature for a specific room, I do get the correct response, but I'm assuming that voice command "flows" through Google Home's own Honeywell Thermostat. Similarly, when I ask Google Home to change the thermostats, the request gets processed and flows to the Honeywell System via the Google Home plugin, and back to HomeSeer from Honeywell from the Honeywell to HomeSeer plugin. So the Google Home voice processing and response does not appear to be "technically" happening through HomeSeer, but from a user's perspective, you get an analogous result.

As for your Ecobee thermostats, assuming you already have them connected via HomeSeer, don't enable voice processing on HomeSeer to connect to Google Home. Instead, you can connect them to Google Home via the Ecobee plugin that is built into the Google Home application. I have not actually tested this with Ecobee because, as mentioned, I'm using HoneyWel, but I'm assuming the Ecobee plugin will get you a similar result as I get with the Honeywell plugin. Further instructions are here: https://support.ecobee.com/hc/en-us/...gle-Assistant-

I'm assuming kriz83's advice and plugin may be the best way to get voice command for Z-Wave thermostats or if, for some reason, you truly needed the command processing to flow via HomeSeer so that may be another option.

Comment

This solution will also allow you to have Google reply with a custom message, if you are also using Jon00's Echo Helper:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...stom-responses

You can eliminate the need to say "Tell HomeSeer..." or "Ask HomeSeer..." for specific commands by creating a custom Routine in your Google Home app.
        HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
        Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

I'm not too concern about the T-stat as a direct integration with GH and Ecobee is available...

what about windows and door sensors or even locks? I tried syncing a window/door sensor to GH but it never show up.

Comment

I believe you are limited to the types of devices GH will import. Locks, thermostats, and lights can be imported. Not sure about anything else. You might be able to trick GH and HS into syncing/importing something else by checking the "Is Light" checkbox in HS device details. GH will think you can control it if it's marked as a light, but if the device is actually a sensor, then controlling it likely won't work.
            HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
            Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
              I believe you are limited to the types of devices GH will import. Locks, thermostats, and lights can be imported. Not sure about anything else. You might be able to trick GH and HS into syncing/importing something else by checking the "Is Light" checkbox in HS device details. GH will think you can control it if it's marked as a light, but if the device is actually a sensor, then controlling it likely won't work.
              This might work... You can ask Google "is the ABC lights on or off" and it'll tell you. I'll have to dig into it.

Comment

Let us know how that works out for you.

FYI, I do something like this for doors as well, though not via native GH integration (see my earlier post in this thread). I have some HSM200s around that house the will glow red if a door is open somewhere, and yellow if a door is unlocked somewhere. Naturally, I don't want to walk all over the house trying to figure out which one, so I wrote a script that checks all of my doors open/closed status as well as locked/unlocked status and formulates a sentence or two to speak to me. That script along with Jon00's Echo Helper allow me to send that sentence back to GH.

I ask: "Hey Google, which doors are open?" or "Hey Google, which doors are unlocked?"

HS/GH responds with: "The front door is open and unlocked", or "The garage door is open", or "The deck door is open. The front door is closed but unlocked".

I can't tell you how happy I am to get custom responses on GH working :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
                  Let us know how that works out for you.

FYI, I do something like this for doors as well, though not via native GH integration (see my earlier post in this thread). I have some HSM200s around that house the will glow red if a door is open somewhere, and yellow if a door is unlocked somewhere. Naturally, I don't want to walk all over the house trying to figure out which one, so I wrote a script that checks all of my doors open/closed status as well as locked/unlocked status and formulates a sentence or two to speak to me. That script along with Jon00's Echo Helper allow me to send that sentence back to GH.

I ask: "Hey Google, which doors are open?" or "Hey Google, which doors are unlocked?"

HS/GH responds with: "The front door is open and unlocked", or "The garage door is open", or "The deck door is open. The front door is closed but unlocked".

I can't tell you how happy I am to get custom responses on GH working :-)
                  IF / when you have the time, it would be greatly appreciated if you can share that script and explain the basics of how to get it working. I'd like to be able to do the same thing.

Comment

Hi jvm,

Sure. It is attached. I don't know vb that well so I'm sure this could be done in a better way, but it works so I leave it alone :-)

It's pretty self explanatory if you're familiar with scripting. If you're not yet familiar, I'm sure you could pick it up. I did. I've edited the RefIDs in this file out of paranoia, and added some comments for your benefit, otherwise this is what I use.

The script loops over an array. Each array element is a packed string of information about a door in the house. During the loop, pieces of text get added together based on conditions to formulate a sentence for each door that fails a check (open/close or unlocked/locked). At the end of the script, a Global Variable is set to the text that I want spoken.

Jon00's Echo Helper is programmed to listen to a number of different phrases. If one is spoken, this script runs and sets that Global Variable. Jon00's Echo Helper is then programmed to send the value of that Global Variable as a response.

A script and Jon00's Echo Helper is all you need to get this functionality out of Alexa, HSTouch, I think Speaker.exe clients, and anything else that utilizes the JSON API. To get this to work with Google Home, however, you'll need to follow the steps in other threads. One is linked to in my post #4 above, another is kriz83's plugin in post #2 above.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!
                    Attached Files

Comment

This is pretty timely I've been wanting to expand to spoken digests whereas Homeseer can construct a specific message given status'. Like when I say goodnight it checks all of the doors and locks then confirms everything is all good while reading the weather for the next day etc. I'd want it to be dynamic given whatever's going on. That has a practical application. It's not as necessary but would be pretty good for arrival events as well. One day, having To-Do, calendar events, reminders, etc. This year I'm trying to have Reginald really become the butler he was always destined to be.

Comment

I added it to my goodnight routine in Google Home. So whenever I say goodnight, it will turn down the lights and trigger a script (either through my plugin or the page from mrceolla) which will immediately speak the status of my doors, windows, gate and garage in the goodnight routine. If the garage or gate is still open, it will ask if it needs to close them.

Couldn't live without it anymore TBH

Comment

The good night part is easy that can be acheived with an event and group actions and speak command. Problem here is that you have to rely on the speak client.

It's querying specific sensor at any given time and have GH respond is where it makes sensors. Things such as, "Is my front door locked" or "Is my garage open"

Try asking "Is the XXX light on" and you'll get an answer, this needs to be extended to locks and sensors.

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
                            The good night part is easy that can be acheived with an event and group actions and speak command. Problem here is that you have to rely on the speak client.
                            That is not the same as it is one way (speaker only). I'm talking about '2 way interaction' as I don't feel comfortable with HS (or any automation) closing the gate or garage automatically without me saying it should do so.

Comment

I get your point, but I get automation to simplify my life.

At 10pm my gate closes at 7am gate open, when I say goodnight, all the appropriate lights turn off and if any doors or gate is open, it willspeak "the house is not secured"

This can be taken further by expanding the events to tell you which door is open etc..

This will require the help of the Chromecast plugin for it to play back to the gh devices.

Comment

Working...
                              X